Chapter 2 - Meeting the Salvatores

Caroline comes back the following morning and takes me to see a new group of people. I trail behind her nervously. If they're not my family I don't particularly want to go.

Bonnie is with us too but Sheila has gone out for the morning to buy me some new clothes and shoes I'll actually wear. I didn't want to put on the ones Bonnie helped me into earlier this morning and took them off immediately when she turned around. Even though they were pink. Eventually she just gave up and stopped trying to get me to wear them.

"This is Stefan and Damon," Bonnie introduces to me. "And this is Hedda."

"This the baby vampire Caroline was telling us about last night?" Damon jokes. "Doesn't look like much."

"I'm not a baby," I argue and Caroline laughs.

"We know you're not sweetie."

"Good," I tell her.

"These are my friends Hedda. We're trying to find out why Katherine wanted to bring you back," Caroline explains and I stop listening. I don't care about Katherine I just want my big brothers.

Another girl that looks like Tatia walks in but she probably isn't so I don't say anything.

"So Katherine just brought back a random child for no reason?" Damon snorts. "Maybe she has something to do with the sun and moon curse. Katherine has been after that moonstone for ages."

"If we can work out who she is or why Katherine tricked Bonnie into bringing her back that would be a start," Stefan says thoughtfully.

"Well Katherine certainly won't tell us. So how are we meant to figure her out?" Damon points at me rudely.

"I'm six, you can talk to me you know. Not about me," I say adamantly, folding my arms.

"Okay then Hedda, where are you're parents?" Damon questions crossing his arms too while he stares down at me.

I burst into tears at the reminder that I'm all alone. My family have left me. They don't know I'm alive again so they won't be looking for me. I'll never be able to find them.

"Oh nicely done Damon," Caroline scolds him disapprovingly.

"Hedda it's alright, you can talk to us. We're like you," she darkens her eyes to make them just like mine. "Are you hungry?"

She hands me something filled with blood. "Drink from here," she points and I put my mouth over the tube. I drink quickly and feel so much better. So much stronger and refreshed. She takes the half finished blood bag from me putting the cap back on.

"How do you know Katherine?" Stefan asks me.

"She told me she knows Tatia. I thought she was Tatia. She looks like her too," I point at the quiet girl next to him.

"I'm Elena," she tells me before turning to the others. "Tatia must be an older doppelgänger."

"So she's older than Katherine?" Stefan queries, putting it all together.

"What's your full name? What is your mom's name?" Bonnie asks.

"Esther," I say quietly.

"And you're fa-" Damon starts but doesn't finish his sentence as Bonnie glares at him.

"Your surname?" He asks instead.

"Surname?"

"Your last name," Caroline explains but I still don't understand.