Chapter 37 - Finn's Return

A sharp knock on the front door has me wishing it was family so I don't have to talk to those stupid witches again.

I ignore it, not thinking much of what's going on downstairs until Sarah-Jane shakes me awake when I fall back asleep.

"Hedda, come downstairs," she wakes me urgently, using my real name instead of my cover Mary-Lou. That's how I know she means business.

When I reach the kitchen, I think I'm still dreaming. My wish has come true. Finny stands in the corner, seemingly waiting for me.

He doesn't recognise this body when I walk in but I run over and jump high, expecting him to catch me.

And of course, he does.

He can tell by my happiness that I'm his little sister. There's no doubt in that.

"Finny you came back for me," I sob into his chest and his large hand strokes the back of my hair.

"I'm here for you, I will always be here for you," he confirms and holds me tighter, not letting me go. I don't want him to.

"Henrik is here," I say through my tears and Finn seems to be aware already.

"I know," he smiles at our brother in Bobby's body, welcoming him over to join the reunion.

Henrik throws his arms around Finn, sandwiching me in the middle and it's the best hug ever. I have my biggest and littlest brothers with me and now I know everything's going to be alright.

Mommy and Daddy are confused but allow us some time before we explain. They stare at Finn as if expecting to suddenly remember him or recognise his face. But they've never seen him before.

Finny tries to put me down but I hold tighter, refusing to be apart from him. So instead he sits me on his hip and Henrik asks about the rest of our family.

I think he's being sneaky and checking that Koly is safe after Sarah-Jane's prophetic vision. Luckily Finn says they're all okay but very very worried about me since I disappeared out of nowhere.

Finn tells us how he managed to find mother, seeing Rebekah's personality change and her suddenly obsession with mother's dark grimoire.

Finn daggered her, causing our brother to ask millions of questions. They were shocked especially  with how much Finn hates daggers.

But once he explained and Bekah confirmed his tale, our family all understood and were very grateful to him for seizing the opportunity to send mother away. She got thrown back to the Other Side as the dagger sunk into Bekah's chest.

Our sister then woke up when the dagger was removed. She was not happy at all but apparently she's calmed down a bit now. Finn says we still need to be careful as mother will continue to scheme from the Other Side but for the moment she is dealt with.

Good. I know it was her that sent me here and not Bekah. That was mean and confusing. I don't like that.

After listening to Finn's explanation, silence fills the room as the three real Calverts take everything in.

My brothers turn back to our temporary family. Now they have to explain to Mommy and Daddy.

"I'll reintroduce myself and my siblings," Finn says calmly, waiting almost expectantly for a bad reaction from Mommy or Daddy. "I'm Finn, Finn Mikaelson. My youngest siblings are currently inhabiting the bodies of Bobby and Mary-Lou here. This is Henrik Mikaelson and this is Hedda Mikaelson."