Chapter 14 - Gloria's Bar

We enter a bar and I linger behind to look around while my brother and Stefan chat. It's empty but quite spacious inside. I like it.

"You've got to be kidding me," a beautiful woman approaches Nik, clearly recognising him and they joke around for a bit.

Soon, her eyes stop on Stefan. "I remember you..."

"Yeah," Stefan seems to know her too. "You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

Nik explains that Gloria is a very powerful witch and she tells Stefan how she's managed to slow down her aging with herbs and spells. Suddenly she spots me.

"Who's this little one with you?"

"I'm Hedda," I offer her my hand to shake, exactly like 'Lijah taught me when meeting new people.

She seems impressed with my sudden burst of confidence and shakes my hand. Her eyebrows raise as our skin directly touches. She's a witch, she must be able to sense I'm a vampire like the Bennetts could.

"Now I don't ever comment on what you get up to Klaus but I must say, this I most certainly do not approve of," Gloria turns to my brother. "Taking a young child and turning her? Bringing her with you everywhere? It's very irresponsible even for you."

"She's my baby sister," Nik defends, shocking the witch. "I don't appreciate your opinion. I'm here to get something done, nothing more. Watch your mouth. Any more snarky comments like that and I'll start by ripping out your tongue."

"Hey, hey, I'm only checking," Gloria doesn't seem phased by Nik's threats because she knows he needs her help. The tense moment passes and Nik relaxes some.

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?"

He agrees and takes me with him as my brother wishes. We sit and try to eavesdrop, listening into what Nik and Gloria are saying.

"Obviously you did something wrong," Gloria tells him truthfully. "Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old... we'd have to contact the witch who created it."

"Well, that would be the Original witch," Nik says uncomfortably. "She's very dead."

He's talking about Mother.

"I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah."

I jump off my seat in joy. Bekah! Nik can't say no to that now! I'll get to see her again.

"Yes Nik let's get Bekah!" I run over to him and smile broadly at Gloria for having my back. She's on my side and I love her for it. "Thank you Gloria, I've been trying to see her for ages."

"Rebekah," Nik repeats flatly. "Rebekah is a bit preoccupied."

"No she isn't, you sent her away," I argue but my brother rudely ignores me.

"She has what I need. Bring her to me," Gloria insists again and I can tell Nik is going to give in or he won't receive Gloria's help.

I'm going to see my big sister again. I'm so happy.

"What is this?" Stefan demands interrupting, as he holds up a photo. It's him and Nik.

I stop listening to him and start ecstatically spinning around in circles. I'm getting my big sister back. I can't wait to see her.

This is the happiest day of my little life so far. Hopefully I can persuade Nik to bring the rest of them home too when he goes to pick her up from her holiday. Or not holiday. Wherever they are.