Chapter 6 - Brother

Stefan, Damon and I stand outside the door to the Salvatore house. Elena has now signed the paperwork to own it. She invites Stefan inside first and then after some persuasion, Damon. She turns to me finally to invite me back in.

"Little one," she calls copying the name Katherine calls me. I don't like it coming from her.

"Baby vampire," Damon corrects with a snort. I don't like that much either.

"I know Katherine told you why she brought you back from the Other Side. She's not here now so tell us why and I'll invite you in," Elena tries.

Stefan and Damon gape at her shocked she would try a tactic like this with me.

"Elena, come on," Stefan says. "That's not fair, she's six. Just invite her in."

"Not until she tells us what Katherine is hiding," Elena argues back completely serious.

"I do not break my word. I will not tell you anything," I say trying to mimic my big brother's confidence but my insides are shaking. What if she doesn't invite me in? I have nowhere to go. Will they simply force me to leave? Turn me away?

"What is it with old ass vampires and that phrase?" Damon wonders picking up on the similarities between me and my brother's speech but Elena interrupts him.

"Then I won't invite you in." She looks at me smugly and crosses her arms over her chest. Panic erupts in my own. She's turning me out alone. All alone. Again.

"Invite me in," I growl at her pushing at the barrier in the doorway that keeps me out. "Now."

"No," she refuses again.

The Salvatores are stunned at her attitude and both plead with her to see reason. She announces it's her decision and reminds them they agreed to do things her way.

I pick up a plant pot near the entrance and throw it at her hard as they all argue inside. It hits her in the stomach and breaks in two before falling to the floor. Blood pours out her abdomen and I smile.

I wait until I see her shocked facial expression and then run out of the driveway and onto the street. The tears fall from my eyes and I wipe them away hurriedly. At least they didn't see me weak. Only strong and angry.

I wish I knew the way to Sheila's. Or to Katherine. I have nowhere to go and I'm scared. Last time this happened I got really hurt. I feel so alone and I hate it. I'm terrified. I need my big brothers and my big sister but they're not here. They always protect me but they're not here.

Elena said Katherine didn't care about me but she's the one that is cruel. Katherine has only ever tried to help me like Tatia used to. I hate Elena. I wish she would die.

Damon appears next to me and I force myself to stop crying. "Baby vampire," he teases to cheer me up. "Elena has invited you in, she's sorry. She was just frustrated at Katherine. Please come back."

"No. I won't go back. I hate her. I hate her."

He sighs before picking me up and I hit his chest and shoulders as hard as I can as he walks us back to his home. "Ow," he complains as I bruise him. "Stop that Hedda, you're quite strong."

"I know," I narrow my eyes at him. He doesn't call me baby vampire now. I'm stronger than him.

I don't see Elena as Damon takes me back to my room. I'm secretly relieved I've not been abandoned by them all but I can't let them know that. I plan to stay as angry as possible at Elena for as long as I can. Which is forever. I hate her.

I need my family more than ever. Finn, 'Lijah, Nik, Koly and Bekah. I miss them all and I would do anything to be with them right now. Even seeing Father again who is probably with them. I cry myself to sleep. I hate being apart from them, I always have.