Bonus- Christmas special

This is a brief interlude where I pause the story for a Mikaelson family Christmas special at this magical time of the year:)

Have a very Merry Christmas ♥️
Ceryn x
———

The morning sun hits my window and spills into the room, causing me to roll over into the shade. A second later my eyes pop wide open.

It's Christmas morning!

Throwing the covers off my bed I run out into the hall, finding Kol's door opposite mine. I peep inside before sneaking into his room. He hasn't seen me yet.

"Kol!" I shriek and jump onto his legs to surprise him as he sleeps under the covers. "It's finally Christmas!"

"Ugh," he groans out. "Heddy-bear, it's too early."

"No it's not, it's Christmas! It's my first proper Christmas with you all! Come on," I beg him and yank his covers off, running out into the hall with them causing him to shout after me.

"Bring my sheets back Heddy-bear!" 

I ignore him and find Nik's room after dropping the sheets on the floor outside.

Nik sits up and stretches when I come in, he looks tired but that's his own fault. He was up late last night wrapping presents. Hopefully that means there's lots.

"Time to get up!" I tell him with a big smile.

I can't contain my excitement. Today is more exciting than when I played the first lobster in the school nativity, even though Kol laughed at my part.

"What time is it?" Nik asks blinking a few times.

"Time for presents Mr. Wolf," I respond cheekily before pulling the duvet off him too.

He is less argumentative than Kol and smiles warmly at the child-like excitement in my eyes.

I don't stop and chat. I have things to do today, more family to get up. I'm busy, busy, busy.

Barrelling around the corner to Rebekah's room I smack into someone hard. 'Lijah.

"You're up," I say happily. That makes my job easier.

"I think we all are with how noisy you've been in the last few minutes," 'Lijah scolds me for screeching at the top of my lungs.

"I'm sorry 'Lij," I look down at my feet, hating that I've annoyed him. I don't mean to, I never mean to. Usually. Okay, sometimes.

He pauses, realising I've taken his words to heart. He hugs me and picks me up, carrying me on his hip.

"Come on Hedda, let's give Kol his duvet back," he gestures to the strewn sheets left on the floor. I left Nik's in his room.

"No because then he will go back to sleep," I complain. "I want us all to be up. He can't go back to sleep."

"He won't go back to sleep," 'Lijah promises and knocks on Kol's door.

Once Kol responds, we enter and I sheepishly hand him his duvet back.

"Sorry Koly but also I'm not sorry. Don't go back to sleep now."

Kol laughs and lunges for me causing me to wriggle out of 'Lijah's arms. I scream as Koly throws me on his bed and starts tickling me from head to toe.