𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗌𝗈 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝗎

𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄.
❪ 𝗂𝗍 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍
𝗂 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝖺𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗋. ❫

Lance asks Lando to accompany him to go to the paddock club

Lando looks at the Canadian suspiciously. "You never ask me to go anywhere with you. Are you up to something?"

Lance smiles. "There's a first time for everything. And no, I'm not up to something - you've got to trust me, okay?" Lando can't help but give him a side eye, but walks with Lance nevertheless.

When the two walk there, Lando immediately notices the pretty girl that he'd bumped into before, talking with the dark-haired man who she was with. He looks at Lance, who's already looking at Lando with a smirk on his lips.

"Her, right?" he asks, and Lando nods.

"You... know her, or something?"

"That's my friend. The figure skater," Lance says. "I'm going to introduce you to her. But keep in mind that she just went through a really bad breakup, and if you hurt her, I'll crash into you. Got it?"

Lando nods. "You were kinda scary just then."

"Good."

Lance walks up to his friends, Lando following him. Why is his heart beating so fast? He doesn't even know her name, he thinks. It's not like him to be so enamoured with someone, especially so quickly - but something about her is different.

"Lance!" the girl says, giving him a hug. "So good to see you again, it's been forever."

"I know... we haven't seen each other since... before you two went to the Olympics, right?" Lance asks, and the two nod.

"Yeah. Tough day out there today?" the dark-haired man asks. Lance nods in response, and the girl gives him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. You could score some points in the sprint? And the day after, during the actual race."

Lance nods. He suddenly remembers that Lando's there, just listening in on their conversation awkwardly. "Shit, sorry - forgot to introduce someone to you guys. This is Lando."

The girl's eyes seem to light up when she sees him. "You're the guy I bumped into! Sorry about that. But I saw you drive today - congrats on P3," she says, beaming at him.

Lando finds himself at a loss for words again. It isn't until Lance nudges him until he snaps out of it. "Yeah, I am. Thank you so much - and you are...?"

"Saena. It's nice to meet you. That's Caelan, over there. " she says, giving him a smile before gesturing towards Caelan, who gives him a nod.

"It's nice to meet you too." he replies.

"I'm trying to be a good wingman." Lance whispers in Caelan's ear, who's eyes widen. "No, I was literally going to tell her that the guy she bumped into seems super into her." Caelan whispers back.

"Lance says you're a figure skater, right?" Lando asks, wanting to keep the conversation going. "Yep. Part of the South Korean national team - but I train in Montreal." she replies.

"Oh, that's cool. Are you any good?" he smiles, and Saena shrugs. "I'm decent." she replies.

"She's the reigning Olympic champ," Lance pipes up, and Lando looks at her with wide eyes. "Reigning Olympic champ? You are not just decent - you're really good, then. You don't have to be so modest about it. If I were you, I'd probably take the medal around with me everywhere." he chuckles.

"I do actually have it with me. It's back at the hotel, though - I brought it to show Lance, because I promised him that if I won, he could get a picture with the medal around his neck," she laughs. "I can bring it tomorrow and show you, if you want."

Lando realises this means that she wants to see him again. Maybe he's reading into things because he likes her a little bit - but he grins from ear to ear. "Yeah. I'd like that."

"Cool."

Saena gives Lando another smile. He's really cute, she thinks. As she talks to him, she can't help but feel attracted to him. But she just got out of a breakup, and if this ever went somewhere, she does not want him to think that he's just a rebound. Plus, she's got her career to focus on, like she told Caelan on the plane.

"Mate, I've literally been looking everywhere for you, Zak wants to talk to you - shit, did I interrupt something?"

Lando turns around to see Daniel. "Zak wants to talk to me?"

Daniel nods. "Yeah." The Australian seems to notice Saena and Caelan, and based on the description that Lando had provided, he seems to put two and two together.

Lando seems to know this too. "Those are Lance's friends. Saena and Caelan." he pipes up, before Daniel can say anything.

"Nice to meet you guys," he says with a cheeky grin on his lips. "Do you want me to tell Zak that you'll go find him in 10 minutes?"

"If it's important, you can go. We can talk later," Saena tells him. "I'll just ask Lance to give me your number."

She wants his number. Lando silently screams on the inside.

"Yeah. That would be really great." he says, trying to retain his composure. "It was really nice meeting you two. Let's talk soon, yeah?"

Saena nods. "Of course. See you, Lando."

And as she watches Lando leave, Caelan stifles a laugh. "What?" Saena asks her friend.

"He's so into you."

Saena looks down, trying to hide a smile. "Really?"

"I'm too good at playing Cupid - you're into him too!" Lance says, and Caelan gives him a pat on the back. "You know, she was literally just telling me that she was going to take a break from falling in love. I guess your plans have just changed, after you met Lando."

"I just think he's cute!" Saena says. "We'll have to talk more for that to happen."

"It will happen. I can feel it here," Lance says, placing his hand over the right side of his chest.

"Your heart's on your left, mate."