𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝖿𝖺𝗇𝖼𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾

𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄.
❪ 𝗂𝗍 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍
𝗂 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝖺𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗋. ❫

Saena is very tired

Saena is very tired.

She still hasn't gotten quite used to the timezone change, and she's still pretty sore after falling on her jumps during practice this morning.

Caelan walks beside her as she fixes her hair, the two of them dragging their skate bags with them as they arrive at the circuit. "You tired?" he asks her, and she nods, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yeah. It's alright though. I get to see Lando again today." she smiles, and Caelan chuckles when he sees the happy look on his best friend's face.

"You guys are so cute together." he says, and out of the corner of his eye, Caelan notices the cameras taking pictures of the two of them. "We can't go find him yet."

Saena looks in the direction of the cameras. "Yeah," she replies, giving one of the photographers a soft smile. "Let's go find Lance first. Lando says he's going to sneak me in somehow."

"Have you messaged him yet?"

Saena nods, pulling out her phone. Lando's sent her a text message, saying that he'll be wandering around the McLaren garages, and she can pass by and they can accidentally bump into one another.

Caelan reads the text message over her shoulder. "That's pretty smart." he hums, and Saena nods.

"Sae, Cael!" Saena hears Charles' voice, and he jogs up to them in his race suit. "Charles! Hey, how are you?"

Saena gives the Monegasque a bright smile, and so does Caelan. "I'm good! Pretty excited for this race."

"Everyone here's rooting for you — I saw so many people holding signs for you," Caelan says, and Charles chuckles. "Yeah. I really love Monza — one of my favourite tracks."

"You'll do great," Saena tells him, and Charles thanks her.

"Oh, by the way. Lando's been walking around in circles near the McLaren garage. Pretty sure he's waiting for you," he chuckles, and Saena can't help but smile.

"So he's just walking around in one spot?" Caelan asks.

"Pretty much." Charles shrugs. "I think you should go see him."

"We'll be on our way," Saena says. "See you in a bit, Charles. Good luck!"

Charles gives her a thumbs up in response, and the two skaters head towards the McLaren garage.

Saena spots Lando, walking around while taking sips of his water from his drinking tube. Lando looks up and spots her, and for a moment, he's about to run up to her and give her a hug, but then he notices all the cameras that are fixated on him.

He simply gives her a wave, but the grin on his face tells Saena everything she needs to know. "Fancy seeing you here," Lando smiles, and Saena chuckles.

"Hi. Missed you," she says, voice a little quieter, and it takes everything in her to not give him a kiss. There are eyes and lenses everywhere, and she needs to make sure that they don't get caught. He grins at her from ear to ear.

"Missed you too," he replies. "You look pretty. Are you tired?" he notices the cup of coffee in her hand, and she nods.

"A little. Still getting used to the jetlag. You look very nice. The race suit is really doing it for me," she hums, giving him a smile — Caelan doesn't miss the way Lando's cheeks flush pink.

"You're bright red." Caelan tells him.

"I know. It's very difficult pretending that I'm having a normal friend-like conversation with my girlfriend who I haven't seen in weeks." Lando crosses his arms, a slight pout on his lips.

"That's true. I almost leaned in for a kiss and then remembered that there were cameras around." Saena says, nodding her head.

"You two are adorable." Caelan comments, and Saena grins. "How are you gonna sneak her into your driver's room after quali?"

"That is... still yet to be decided. I will ask for some of the engineer's help... maybe I'll ask Zak too." Lando chuckles. "I'll make something work."

"Lando!" an engineer calls for him, and he turns his head to look in the engineer's direction, giving him a thumbs up.

"Gotta run." he says, giving Saena and Caelan an apologetic look. "I'll find you later, hmm?" he tells Saena, who nods, a soft smile on her lips.

"Good luck," she says. "Be safe. Love you."

Lando grins. "Love you too."