𝐓𝐄𝐍, 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗌 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄.
❪ 𝗂𝗍 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍
𝗂 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝖺𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗋. ❫

 ❫

Saena paces around her room, eyebrows knitted together in worry as she waits for her manager to pick up the phone

She's just been notified that when she goes back to Seoul, she'll be scheduled to do an interview with the person that she hates the most in the world: Hangyeol. She doesn't know what her PR team was thinking, agreeing to it - perhaps it was them trying to find a way to quell the public's annoyance over her reaction to the breakup.

"Hello? Saena?"

"Why am I doing an interview with Hangyeol?" Saena asks, when her manager finally picks up. She hears her manager sigh. "It's not just you and Hangyeol. It's an interview with the entire Olympic team, and they're just going to be asking you all about your experiences at the competition."

That's fine. At least it's not just the two of them, she thinks."I don't want to sit next to him." Saena says.

"That's fine. I know what he did - really sorry about that, by the way. I'll make sure that you two don't sit next to one another."

Saena lets out a relieved sigh. "Okay, thank you. Jaehan from PR's already pretty pissed about how I've been dealing with the breakup publicly, because of all the backlash. I fear if I do sit next to him, I might just start cursing. Won't be a good look."

Her manager chuckles over the phone. "Yeah, I understand. Also, Lucille contacted me about your costumes for the next season. She says she's finished with the one for your free, and she's working on the one for your short."

Saena smiles. "That's really great."

She hears a knock on the door, and she assumes that it's Lando. She heads towards the door, opening it and spotting the British driver standing in front of her with a smile. "Hey, I've got to go now. Just tell Lucille to send me the pictures of the costume. Thank you, by the way." Saena says to her manager, before ending the call.

"Hi!" she says to Lando. "Sorry about that - was just speaking to my manager."

"No worries," he replies. "You look nice."

Saena's heart skips a beat at his words. It isn't until now that she realises that she hasn't felt this way for a long time. Perhaps the split between her and Hangyeol was a long time coming - she just wished it didn't have to end as horribly as it did.

"You look nice too," she compliments. The wind lightly tousles his hair, and his eyes seem to sparkle - Saena thinks that she's never seen anyone more breathtaking, even if he's dressed simply, in a white shirt and black jeans. "Should we go?"

Lando nods. "Yeah. Car's downstairs."

"Cool," Saena replies. "Let me just grab the keycard and put it into my bag. Don't wanna get locked out, or anything."

She puts the keycard in her wallet. "Nice. Let's go."

The two walk towards the lift. "Are you planning to drink?" he asks her. Saena shakes her head no. "We're skating tomorrow, so no. I'm planning to practice a little too, so... drinking won't be a good idea."

Lando smiles. "Are you going to show me jumps and stuff?"

"Yeah, I could if you want me to. I can do my entire program if the rink's empty." she says, as the two exit the lift. "I hope it's empty then," he chuckles.

The two head towards the car. "Me too," Saena replies.

"What's the hardest jump for you?" he asks, as he opens the car door for her. She thanks him, sliding into the passenger seat. "Hmm. The quad sal." she replies.

"Did you just say quad?" he asks, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Mhm," Saena nods.

"So... 4 rotations?"

"Yup."

He looks at her, mouth agape in disbelief. "Wow. That's so crazy." he says, and Saena chuckles. "It's pretty hard. I was going to put it in my programs last season, but I wasn't really consistent with it. I'm adding it in this year." she grins.

"Woah. Maybe I should come watch a competition of yours." he chuckles, as he drives to the venue of the party. Her eyes light up - Lando doesn't notice, since he's got his eyes on the road, and Saena tells herself that maybe she shouldn't get so excited over the fact that he wants to come and cheer her on.

She doesn't know what this is. They haven't even been on a date yet - they're about to, though - but she won't see him for months after she leaves. All she knows is that he makes her feel feelings that she's never felt before, and she's only known him for 2 days.

"You could. If you have time, of course. I know you're competing for most of the year," Saena replies. "Maybe the Grand Prix Final in Turin? Or you could come to nationals."

"Grand Prix Final?" he asks. "When's that?"

"December, I believe. But I have to qualify for that first."

"You're definitely going to qualify - don't worry. And, I think I can actually come for that." he smiles. "But going to nationals seem fun too. I've never been to Seoul before."

"You haven't?" she asks, and he shakes his head. "It seems fun. You can show me around."

"I can do that." Saena replies. "But yeah - let me know if you're free. I'll get you tickets."

"Do I have to bring anything as a gift?" he asks as he parks the car, and Saena shakes her head, chuckling.

"I think you coming to a competition of mine would already be a pretty good gift." she says.

He meets eyes with her, and the corners of his lips quirk up into a small smile. Thank god it's dark, because if it wasn't, Saena would be seeing how red his cheeks were.

Lando's never fallen so quickly before, but something about falling incredibly quickly for someone like Kang Saena feels right.