𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, 𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄

𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄.
❪ 𝗂𝗍 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍
𝗂 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝖺𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗋. ❫

Saena doesn't know why she agrees to go out to dinner with the entire team

Perhaps she should've said no, and stayed at home - because the last thing she wants to do is be around Hangyeol. But, it's a chance to catch up with friends, and asides from Hangyeol, Saena really likes everyone else on the team.

And they've got to celebrate Dasom and Junseo's engagement.

So, Saena finds herself sitting as far as she can from Hangyeol, and trying to not look at him at all whilst they sit around a table, the lovely smell of the barbecued pork belly wafting through the air. One thing Saena wishes Montreal had, was amazing Korean food.

"Ah, I've missed this!" she says, grinning as she takes a bite of the pork belly. "Doyun and I literally cannot find a Korean barbecue place this good in Montreal."

Doyun nods, taking a shot of soju. "It's a pity. A real pity."

Saena's had a few shots, and her cheeks are pink, but she feels perfectly fine. She knows that even though Doyun's probably going to be drunk out of his mind at the end of the night, he won't say anything about her budding relationship with Lando. Doyun's a sad drunk - he'll probably just be crying about how he lost the national title to Hangyeol.

Saena's phone rings, and she checks who's calling. A smile immediately makes it's way to her lips when she sees that it's Lando, and he's video-calling her. He must've just woken up. "Do you guys mind if I go answer this call?" she asks, and everybody shakes their head. Hangyeol watches as Saena heads outside.

"Morning." he says, groggily. He's still in bed, and Saena smiles. "Morning. You just woke up?" she asks, and Lando nods. He squints to look at her face, noticing how pink her cheeks are.

"Are you blushing because of me, or because you've been drinking?" he asks, sitting up and resting his head against the headboard.

"Both," she confesses, and the widest grin appears on Lando's lips. "It's 7am where you are, and 8pm here. You've got the first 2 free practices today, right?" she asks. Hangyeol watches her talk to someone on the phone from inside the restaurant, and there's a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach.

A feeling that he can only describe as jealousy.

"13 hour time difference? That's crazy," he says. "And yeah. I'll go grab some breakfast, and then I'm going to go to the racetrack. You look pretty today, by the way."

It's impossible for Saena's cheeks to get more pink than they already are, but somehow, that little comment from Lando makes her go bright red. She fans her face with her free hand, chuckling. "Gosh, I hate you." she says.

"You don't mean that," he says, a teasing smile on his lips. "Or else you wouldn't have kissed me first."

"I'm in public!" she exclaims, and her words catch the attention of her friends sitting inside.

"I'm right though, am I not?"

"You are right."

"There we go," he says, grinning.

Hangyeol watches as Saena talks to Lando happily over the phone. He hasn't seen her this happy in quite some time, and she's grinning from ear to ear as she talks excitedly to someone he thinks that he doesn't know. "She's been out there for quite a while," Yuri says. "Maybe you should go check on her, Doyun."

She looks at Doyun, who's passed out.

"Well, Doyun obviously can't check on her." Eunkyung says, nudging Doyun on the shoulder.

"I'll go." Hangyeol says, and everyone looks at him with a dirty look on their face. "You? You want to go?" Yuri says, in complete disbelief.

"Yeah. I've got something I want to say to her anyways."

"You're just going to hurt her feelings again," Dasom says, rolling her eyes. "You threw 4 years away for a relationship that didn't even last 2 months. Plus, need I remind you that you cheated on her?"

"I want to apologise... and I want her back." Hangyeol says, and Junseo sighs.

"She doesn't even want your apologies. What makes you think that she'll want you back?" Junseo scoffs before drinking his beer. "Just leave it alone, man. You fucked it up."

Hangyeol doesn't listen though, and Yuri rolls her eyes as she watches him leave the table. "His determination is admirable, but he's a fucking idiot." Eunkyung says, crossing her arms.

Saena's laughing as she speaks to Lando, but when she sees Hangyeol approach her, she immediately looks at him with a blank look on her face. "You okay?" Hangyeol hears a British accent from the phone, and furrows his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Saena gives the person on her phone a bright smile, but the look on her face dampens whenever she looks at Hangyeol.

"You've been gone for a long time. I just wanted to check up on you." Hangyeol says, and Saena looks at him with absolutely no emotion on her face. "I'm fine. You can go back inside."

"Who are you talking to?" he asks.

"None of your business, mate!" Lando's voice rings out from the phone, and Saena stifles a giggle. "What he said, Hangyeol. Just go back inside."

"Saena, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hurt you like that. I... I still want to be with you, Saena."

Saena looks at him with a frown on her face. "I don't want to be with you, Hangyeol. I don't trust you, and I don't have feelings for you anymore."

"Give me a chance to earn your trust back. Please, Sae."

"Don't call me that." she says. The nickname falling from his lips makes her frown. "You've lost your chance, Hangyeol. Go back inside."

"Saena, I'm sorry. I want you to know that I care about you - please, let me make this right."

Saena rolls her eyes. "You can make this right by leaving me alone, Hangyeol. I'll go back inside in a minute." she looks back at her screen, and the smile immediately makes its way back onto her lips. Hangyeol notices this.

He tries to take a peek at who Saena's talking to, but she's got the privacy screen protector on her phone. He lets out a defeated sigh before walking back into the restaurant, and judging from the look on his face, the other people know that it hasn't gone well.

"Are you okay?" Lando asks, and Saena nods.

"Yeah. I'm okay. 'Cause I'm talking to you."