War Meeting

...

Third Person P.O.V

Men scream as the torch rolls at them, and they jump, releasing the netting holding the Nadders. They fly off, making away with tons of sheep.

...

Hiccup watches the dragons with wide eyes, (Y/N) cringing when she sees Astrid glaring sharply at her.

"Okay, but I hit a Night Fury," Hiccup points to the distance as he looks at his dad, yelping as Stoick grabs him and begins to drag him off. "I-it's not like the last few times, Dad! I really, actually hit it!"

"He did," (Y/N) agrees, following after the two. "I saw him do it!" She tells the others as they simply look away, Stoick ignoring her.

Gobber looks between the two with mild sympathy, sighing softly.

"You guys were busy and I had a very clear shot!" Hiccup continues as he was dragged.

"It was just past Raven Point I think--"

She was cut off by Astrid grabbing her arm, silencing her with another glare as she sighs and shakes her head.

Hiccup watches the two with a small sigh before focusing on his Dad.

"We can get a search party out there and--"

"Stop!" Stoick bellows as he turns, making Hiccup flinch with wide eyes. "Just... Stop. Every time you step outside, disaster follows! And you always, always drag (Y/N) into whatever it is! Do you not realize she could have been killed today?!" He demands, his voice rough and full of anger.

Hiccup flinches once more, (Y/N) sighing as she looks down and away from Astrid's disappointed stare.

"And can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter is almost here and I have an entire village to feed!"

Hiccup glances around, nervously grinning, "between you and me, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't you think?"

(Y/N) snickers quietly, making Hiccup grin over at her before frowning as Astrid elbows her side, making her instantly stop.

"This isn't a joke, Hiccup!" Stoick yells, making him jump and sigh. Stoick takes in a deep breath, calming down. "Why can't you follow the simplest orders?"

"I-I can't stop myself," Hiccup stammers, gesturing with his hands. "I see a dragon and I just have to just..." He motions crushing something in his hand, "kill it. You know? It's... Who I am, Dad."

Stoick groans, setting a hand on his forehead. "You're many things, Hiccup. But a dragon killer... Is not one of them." Hiccup sadly looks down with a scowl as Stoick continues. "Get back to the house." 

Gobber approaches, Stoick nodding to him, "make sure he gets there."

He smacks Hiccup upside his head, making him flinch.

"I have his mess to clean up," Stoick grumbles, walking away with a shake of his head.

Gobber follows after Hiccup, the other kids laughing.

"Quite the performance," Tuffnut snorts.

"I've never seen anyone mess up that badly. That helped!" Snotlout sarcastically says with a smile.

"Thank you, thank you. I was trying," Hiccup replies in a bored tone, sighing softly when he glances at (Y/N) sitting by Astrid.

'Sorry', he mouths, looking away from her sad expression.

Gobber glares at Snotlout, grabbing his head and shoving him away as he yelps and continues laughing.

"Hiccup!" (Y/N) calls, standing and rushing to him as Astrid watches, sharpening her axe.