Plan Gone Wrong

...

Third Person P.O.V

The crowd roars with cheers and excitement, each Viking ready to welcome in two more kin.

"Hiccup! (Y/N)! Hiccup! (Y/N)!" They yell, making Stoick chuckle as he walks forward, Samuel and Hanna at his side.

"Well, we can all show our faces in public again!" He laughs, lightly hitting Samuel's shoulder.

Samuel clicks his tongue while chuckling, folding his arms as Hanna smiles and loops her arm around his.

The crowd laughs in response, the cheers quieting as Stoick speaks.

"If somebody told me that in a few short weeks Hiccup would go from, well, being... Ah... Hiccup, to placing first in dragon training," Stoick snickers, shaking his head. "Well, I would have tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he's gone mad!"

The crowd bellows with laughter, waving their fists in cheer.

"And you know it!" Stoick laughs, breathing in deeply.

"And, if I may," Hanna starts, Stoick nodding for her to speak. "Now, we all know the lass (Y/N) has gone through terrible times, losing her parents. I'd fear it would have destroyed her..." Hanna pauses, sighing as the crowd murmurs in sympathy.

"But (Y/N) is one of the strongest lasses I've ever known, and I'm sure (M/N) and (F/N) are watching right now from Valhalla, and are cheering her on this glorious day!"

The crowd cheers, Stoick nodding and looking toward the sky with a small smile.

...

(Y/N) sighs softly, rubbing her neck as Hiccup places a sympathetic hand on her shoulder. Astrid walks over, gently side hugging her while offering a small smile.

...

"So... Here we are," Stoick calls over the crowd as they quiet once more. "And no one is more surprised..."

...

"... Or more proud, then I am. Then we are."

Hiccup clenches the helmet in his hand, swallowing thickly as he sighs.

"Today my boy and (Y/N) become Vikings."

(Y/N) places her hand on his shaking one, making him jump lightly before he nods at her with a small smile.

"Today, they become one of us!"

The crowd cheers, Hiccup looking up at Stoick as (Y/N) watches Hanna and Samuel take their seats near him.

"Be careful with those dragons," Astrid softly says, looking up at her parents with a small sigh.

"It's not the dragons I'm worried about," Hiccup mutters under his breath, watching his dad take his seat.

"What are you two going to do?"

"We're going to show them there's another way," (Y/N) responds, unsheathing her sword and staring at her reflection.

"We have to try."

Astrid rubs her face with a concerned frown as (Y/N) sheaths the blade.

"Astrid... Can you promise me something?"

"Of course," she nods.

"If thing's go wrong... Can you take care of (D/N)? And Toothless?"

"I will. Just... Promise me it won't go wrong," Astrid replies, jumping as Gobber peers around the corner.