Red Death

...

Third Person P.O.V

The familiar fog envelopes the Viking's ships as they sail through, Stoick at the front and watching for danger.

"Sound your positions," he instructs as he looks around. "Stay within earshot."

"Here!" A voice calls.

"One length to your stern!"

Gobber watches the others work as he joins his old friend, nervously looking around.

"Listen, Stoick. I was... Overhearing some of the men, and, well, some of them, are wondering what it is we're up to here," Gobber stammers as Stoick's gaze remains ahead. "Not me, of course. I-I know you're always the man with the plan, but some, not me, are wondering if there is, in fact, a plan at all... And... What it might be?" He finishes, raising a brow.

"Find the nest and take it." Stoick growls back, looking back as (D/N) rumbles lowly.

"Of course. Send them running. The old Viking fallback," Gobber rambles, not noticing the dragons acting odd. "Nice and simple."

Toothless begins to chitter, his senses heightened and his ears perked as he leans to the side. (D/N) growls, his feathers ruffling and his scales spiking.

Stoick swiftly moves to the tiller, shoving some of the men aside as they grunt.

"Stand aside," Stoick demands, taking control as (D/N)'s head snaps up, his teeth curled back in a snarl and his eyes slits.

Toothless does the same, rumbling lowly as both dragons face east.

Stoick turns the ship, leading the others through the rock maze. The dragons face west, making him turn the ship and narrowly avoid jagged rocks.

"Hard to port," Vikings whisper to each other, bracing to sharply turn.

...

Back at Berk...

(Y/N) looks up at the familiar gates holding the Monstrous Nightmare, her hand still in Hiccup's. He swallows nervously, squeezing her hand before releasing it as he starts to approach the gate.

"If you're planning on getting eaten," Fishlegs' voice makes him pause and look back. "I'd definitely go with the Gronckle."

(Y/N) turns back, both surprised to see Astrid standing with the other kids. Tuffnut shoves past them, grasping (Y/N)'s hand as she nervously laughs.

"You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon. It's me."

Snotlout shoves Tuffnut away, grinning wildly at (Y/N).

"I love this plan, babe!"

"T-this is Hiccup's plan...?"

Ruffnut swiftly elbows Snotlout out of her way as she glares between the two.

"You're both crazy!" Her expression softens to a smirk, "perfect for each other."

(Y/N) and Hiccup's face burn from embarrassment as Astrid yanks Ruffnut away from the two, sighing heavily.

"So, what is the plan?"

Hiccup recovers from his embarrassment, grinning at (Y/N) as she nods back.

...

Back with Stoick...

The Vikings, minus Stoick, nervously look around the fog, squinting as they try to see ahead.

Stoick's gaze flickers to one of their old ships, making his face fall and his eyes widen. Gobber softly gasps, his expression holding sadness as he looks away.