Connecting Flight

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"... Leaving. We're leaving," Hiccup sighs as we enter the clearing, me nodding in agreement as I adjust my satchel.

"Yep. Come on, (D/N)!" I call softly, setting down my bag as I look through the supplies.

"Let's pack up!" Hiccup looks around, setting down his basket. "Looks like the four of us are taking a little vacation. Forever."

He sets his basket down and rummages through it as I sigh softly, looking through my own bag.

"Oh, man." Hiccup sighs to himself, rising.

I jump as he yelps before I spin around, gasping at the sight of Astrid sharpening her axe with a rock as she sits on a boulder.

"What the...?!" Hiccup stammers, stumbling.

"What are you doing here?!" I frantically ask, looking around with wide eyes.

"I want to know what's going on between you two," she replies in an eerily calm tone, tossing her rock as she hops off the boulder.

"Duh, uh... B--Between us... As in...?" Hiccup stammers, his eyes wide as he looks around quickly for any signs of our dragons.

"No one just gets as good as you two did," Astrid replies, glaring between us as we back away. "Especially you," she directs at Hiccup, holding her axe up as she continues moving closer to us.

"Hey, t--that's a little harsh--" I start, frowning.

"Start talking!" She interrupts me, glaring sharply between us. "Are you training with someone?"

"I-I-I, uh, training?" Hiccup repeats as he clears his throat, shifting backwards. "I-I don't--"

"It better not involve this," Astrid growls, yanking on my flight clothes as I wince.

"Listen, Astrid, you just... we can't... I don't..." I trail off, nervously looking at Hiccup.

Hiccup intervenes and steps forward, putting himself between me and Astrid as he speaks calmly. "I know this looks really bad, but you see..."

My eyes widen as a large crackle was heard, birds flying off as Astrid roughly shoves Hiccup from her path with narrowed eyes. He falls on the ground with a grunt and a yelp, making me lightly gasp as I kneel to help him, wincing as Astrid steps on him and walks past him.

I felt a surge of panic as she begins to look around the clearing slowly, obviously suspicious.

"Uh... You're right!" I yell quickly to distract her, making her jump and look back at us with a raised brow. "You're right. You see... We've been... Um... Uh..."

"It's okay," Hiccup plays along, quickly rising and rushing in front of Astrid as she looks around. "W--We are through with the lies, (Y/N)!"

We are?!

"You see, we've been making... outfits!" He suddenly states with a grin, making me nod in agreement as I rush in front of Astrid to block her path.

She seems to ignore me, her eyes narrowed as she looks around the clearing.

"You totally got us! I'm sorry for lying, but making outfits is... just... so much fun!" I nervously grin, blocking her view as she scowls with irritation.

"It's time everyone knew," Hiccup solemnly sighs, grabbing Astrid's hand and setting it on his chest. "Drag us back, here we go."

He blocks her view as her eye twitches in annoyance. She grabs his hand and twists it, making me wince as a loud cracking could be heard as he collapsed with a pained groan. Astrid drops her axe besides her as she rolls her shoulders, her expression cold.