The Dragon Manual

...

..

.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"So why didn't you two?" Hiccup mumbles under his breath, kneeling down and holding the bola in his hand.

I look at the other bola, my brows furrowed in confusion. "I don't know."

Hiccup grunts as he rises, walking a few paces off as I quickly follow, looking around the lush forest as we idly talking about random things.

"I never did thank you for saving me," I mention after a bit, recalling how he jumped in front of me when the Gronckle was about to strike. "Thank you, Hiccup. That was... Really brave of you."

He bashfully grins, making me lightly smile as he looks away with slightly pink cheeks.

"I-- It was nothing, really," Hiccup stammers, rubbing his neck with a nervous chuckle.

"Yes, it was," I smile, making him pause as he looks over at me. "Seriously, thank you."

Feeling a little braver, I quickly peck his cheek in thanks before quickly walking off, him following after a moment.

...

"Are you looking for them?" I question as I duck under a branch, squeezing between a tight space.

"Maybe," Hiccup replies after a moment, sighing softly. "I just... I don't know. Something isn't right."

I hum and nod, peeking around him as he suddenly stops.

"Wow..." I breathe out, admiring the large clearing blocked off by tall walls. A pond stood in the center, bird fluttering around before taking off. "Okay, this could be a really cool hang out for you and me," I grin, looking around.

Hiccup lightly laughs and nods in agreement.

We both look around the clearing with awe, Hiccup softly sighing and rubbing his forehead.

"This was stupid-- what did I think, we were just going to find them again?"

"Hey, this wasn't stupid," I disagree. "I mean, we found this amazing place."

"Yeah," he mumbles in agreement, his eyes flicking down. He frowns lightly with furrowed brows, slowly kneeling.

I watch with a head tilt as he picks up what seems to be a black scale, making me gasp softly before I notice some blood splattered on the wall besides him.

"Hiccup--" I gasp, jerking backwards and slipping next to Hiccup as a dark figure swoops in front of us, roaring fiercely.

The Night Fury scrambles to try to climb up the wall, the other dragon roaring softly and trying to push him up. The dragon grunts with effort as he tries to carry the Night Fury before he yelps, licking at his wounded arm as the Night Fury safely glides back down on land.

The other dragon glides down after him and joins him, snorting softly and whining lowly as he nudges the Night Fury lightly.

Hiccup pants softly before smiling with awe, slowly climbing down and helping me as I follow. I yelp as I hop down, gasping and sighing in relief as I nearly slip off, Hiccup grabbing under my arms and pulling me back before I could.

The Night Fury takes off again, the other dragon following next to him and pausing as the Night Fury falls from the sky with a whine. The dragon watches with drooped ears as the Night Fury tries flying off again, only to fall once more with a loud whine once more.

"Is... he hurt?" I softly question, quickly ducking as the dragon's ear flicker and he looks our way.

Hiccup does the same, slowly peeking over and tapping me to show it was safe to look.