Growing and Learning

...

Third Person P.O.V

"Today is about teamwork!"

The gates were blasted open, green gas spewing from inside and shrouding the arena in the fog.

"Now, a wet dragon head can't light its fire," Gobber instructs as the kids form teams.

Snotlout, Tuffnut, and Fishlegs were back-to-back, Astrid and Ruffnut the same, and Hiccup and (Y/N) the same.

"The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky," Gobber smirks as he backs away. "One head breathes gas, the other head lights it. Your job is to know which is which."

"I think it's the head on the... left...?" (Y/N) mumbles, trying to remember the entry.

"Or right," Hiccup offers, making her snort.

"Has to be one of 'em!" she jokes, making him grin with amusement.

"Razor-sharp serrated teeth that inject venom for pre-digestion," Fishlegs mumbles as he and his group look around. "Prefers ambush attacks, crushing its victims--"

"Will you please stop that?!" Hiccup and (Y/N) harshly whisper at the same time, making him flinch.

Astrid and Ruffnut look around, slowly moving when they hear low rumbling.

Tuffnut, Snotlout, and Fishlegs move together, Fishlegs and Snotlout looking around in fear.

"If that dragon..." Snotlout shoves them out of his way, scowling. "Shows either of his faces, I'm gonna..."

He gasps at a figure in the fog, "there!"

Tuffnut and Snotlout toss the water from their buckets, making Astrid and Ruffnut yelp.

"Hey! It's us, idiots!" Ruffnut snaps in annoyance.

"Your butts are getting bigger. We thought you were a dragon," Tuffnut snickers, Snotlout double-taking as he looks at Astrid.

"N-- Not that there's anything wrong with... A dragonesque figure--"

Astrid swiftly punches him, making him cry out as he was knocked down from the force as Ruffnut throws her bucket at her brother, striking him in the face.

He sits up with a cackle before yelping as he was suddenly grabbed, his screaming echoing as he was yanked into the fog.

"Wait," Astrid whispers to Ruffnut, holding up her bucket, both girls screaming when they were knocked off their feet by a tail.

Tuffnut staggers out of the fog, rushing away while holding his face. "Oh, ohh I'm hurt. I am very much hurt!"

Fishlegs nervously stands by (Y/N) and Hiccup, gulping. "Chances of survival are dwindling into single digits, now."

One of the dragon's heads appears from the fog, making (Y/N) gasp lightly and back away from Fishlegs as it inspects him.

Hiccup does the same, both watching as Fishlegs yelps before pouring the water in its face.

It rumbles a low laugh, gas escaping from its mouth as Fishlegs nervously laughs.

"Oh. Heh... wrong head..." he whimpers, smiling and cringing.

It roars and spews gas at him, making him scream and run away.

"Fishlegs!" Gobber shouts, watching the dragon emerge.

The other head appears, sparks flying from its mouth as it stares down between Hiccup and (Y/N).

"Now, you two!" Gobber shouts, (Y/N) raising the bucket while struggling.