Bonding

...

Third Person P.O.V

"Are you sure you can do this? Your arm--"

"Already feels a lot better," (Y/N cuts him off, smiling and raising up her left arm, bandaged.

Gobber had pried the shield off her arm while Gothi patched up the wound for her. She wasn't lying-- it felt much better. At most, there would be a large bruise on her forearm.

"Trust me, I'm fine. It's really just a bruise. Honestly, I didn't even need a bandage, but... Gothi insisted," (Y/N) says with a soft chuckle, making him slowly nod back with a relieved smile.

She checks her bag, nodding with a small smile at the bandages she brought.

...

(Y/N) slowly enters the clearing, holding a medium sized fish. She nervously looks around, pausing when she doesn't see any dragons.

"Hiccup... Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean... they are still dragons," she whispers, watching as he tosses his fish.

It slides on the ground, (Y/N)'s brow raised as Hiccup nervously laughs and tries to walk through the gap with his shield.

It wedges in between the rocks, becoming stuck.

"Um... no," Hiccup slowly responds, ducking under the shield before  picking up the fish he tossed. "Maybe n--not the best idea, but... they're different."

(Y/N) bites her lip, slowly nodding with a soft sigh as she begins to carefully walk around the pond, nervously looking towards the ledges.

Hiccup walks along the other side, slowly walking as he turns around, not noticing the Night Fury on a perch above him. His shoulder blades shift as he scoots forward on the rock, watching the boy below with curiosity before pausing when he smells the fish.

...

(Y/N) looks over at Hiccup, softly gasping when she sees the Night Fury stalking him.

"Hiccup--!"

She turns and jumps with a startled gasp when the other dragon suddenly appears in front of her, seeming to appear from thin air. He watches her with dangerous eyes as he paces slowly in front of her, the spikes on his back sharp and his back slightly arched as he hisses softly.

...

Hiccup jumps when he hears some pebbles fall, turning and panting softly at the sight of the Night Fury climbing down from the ledge.

The Night Fury sniffs the air, lowering down and staring at Hiccup with a tilted head and a low growl.

... 

(Y/N) stares at the dragon, not moving so she wouldn't startle him. He pauses his pacing, his nose twitching when he notices the faint aroma of the fish she was holding. The dragon looks at the fish with a small snort, his ears flickering before perking up as (Y/N) hesitantly offers the fish.

He grumbles lightly with apprehension, staring at her warily for a moment before looking down at the fish with hunger.

...

Hiccup watches the dragon for a moment before slowly offering the fish to the Night Fury. The Nighty Fury's eyes dilate as he walks forward a few paces with a low rumble before pausing, hissing and growling when he notices Hiccup's knife on his belt.

Hiccup gasps, holding the fish to his chest and slowly reaching for his knife. He jumps as the Night Fury growls, making him gulp as he slowly takes it out and drops it.