Nadder Training

ew this chapter is so short

...
..
.

Third Person P.O.V

Stoick looks up at the Viking mast, a dragon with two swords crossing it decorating the front. He grunts as he looks down at the map, lightly punching the table.

"I can almost smell them. They're close," he says in a low voice, looking up at the wall of fog. "Steady." Stoick looks it over with narrowed eyes before nodding, "take us in."

"Hart to port!"

"For Helheim's Gate," Stoick mumbles as he walks to the front of the ship, standing tall.

"Hart to port!"

The ship was turned, slowly rowing into the wall of fog, disappearing with the other two mighty viking ships.

It was quiet for a moment, a low rumbling sounding off.

A flash of fire goes off, revealing the large silhouette of a dragon above them in the thick fog.

...
..
.

"You know, I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furies!" Hiccup calls up to Gobber as (Y/N) keeps watch for the dragon stalking them. "Is there, like, another book? Or a sequel? Maybe a Night Fury pamphlet--"

"Get down!' (Y/N) yelps, ducking him down as a blast was shot at them.

His axe was destroyed, making him look between it and the dragon with a gasp.

"Focus, Hiccup! You're not even trying!" Gobber scolds from above, sighing heavily.

"This way!" (Y/N) drags him along as she races off, the Nadder on their heels.

"Today is all about attack!" Gobber continues as the Nadder leaps onto the fence, looking over the maze and losing the two after a moment. "Nadders are quick and light on their feet. Your job is to be quicker and lighter!"

Fishlegs yelps as he sees the Nadder eyeballing him, its tail spiking up before it shoots them at him.

He screams, blocking them with his shield as he whimpers, "I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods!"

"Look for its blindspot. Every dragon has one," Gobber simply replies, picking at his teeth with an unbothered expression. "Find it, hide in it, and strike!"

The twins skid to a stop in front of the Nadder, freezing as it sniffs at them, unable to see them.

Ruffnut groans as she smells her brother, "Do you ever bathe?" She questions, both moving as the dragon moves its head.

"If you don't like it, then just get your own blindspot," Tuffnut snaps back, shoving her away as he focuses on the Nadder.

"How about I give you one?!" She growls back, butting heads with him before both gasp as the dragon sees them.

She grabs her brother, quickly pulling him away as fire was spewed where they once were.

"Blind spot, yes. Deaf spot? Not so much," Gobber cackles, casually leaning on his hand with an amused grin.

Hiccup pulls (Y/N) to a stop as he continues, "H-- Hey, so, how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?"

Gobber sighs in frustration, "No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale. Now get in there!" He shouts, making Hiccup flinch as he backs up.

"I know, I know, but hypothetically--"

"Hiccup!" Astrid snaps, making him jump when he sees her and Snotlout crouched against the wall. "Get down!"