Time For Something Crazy

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Stoick throws Hiccup inside the Great Hall, making him stagger to remain on his feet. He glares over at me with sharp eyes, making me quickly duck my head and scramble inside.

"I should have known," Stoick growls to himself, pacing around in a rage. "I should have seen the signs."

"D-- Dad?" Hiccup meekly calls, nervously looking towards me.

I bite my tongue, my hands lightly trembling in fear.

"We had a deal!"

"I know we did! That was before--"

"We tried telling you before that we didn't..." I trail off, sighing in frustration as I run a hand through my hair.

Hiccup groans, gripping at his hair as he follows Stoick. "It's all so messed up."

"So everything you two did in the ring... A trick?" Stoick scoffs, shaking his head. "A lie?"

"I screwed up," Hiccup replies, gesturing with his hands. "I-I should have told you before now, I just..."

"And (Y/N)?" Stoick bitterly laughs, turning to me as I flinch. "I thought you were the sensible one! You were supposed to keep Hiccup from doing anything too Hiccup!"

"Maybe we need more Hiccup on Berk!" I snap, shaking my head as I glare up at Stoick.

He straightens up for a moment, his eyes wide with shock at my outburst. Hiccup lightly pushes me behind him as he stands in front of me, facing his dad.

"Take this out on me, be mad at me! But please... Just don't hurt Toothless or (D/N)!"

"The dragons?" Stoick demands, towering over us as we back away. "That's what you're worried about? Not the people you almost killed?!"

"They were just protecting us!" I reply, moving and standing by Hiccup's side as Stoick growls in frustration.

"They're--they're not dangerous."

"They've killed hundreds of us!" Stoick's voice echoes, making Hiccup shake his head.

"And we've killed thousands of them!" He yells back, almost as loud. "They defend themselves, that's all!"

"You don't understand!" I agree, shivering at the thought of the dragon we saw. "They steal our sheep because they have to survive!"

Stoick shakes his head, his body tense with anger as he begins to pace back and forth once more.

"If they don't bring enough food back, they'll be eaten themselves," Hiccup explains, his voice shaking "There's-- there's something else on their island, dad--"

"Hiccup!" I quickly grab his arm as Stoick freezes, his eyes wide.

"Their island?!" Stoick breathes out, looking between us as Hiccup's face falls. "So you've been to the nest..."

"D-did I say nest?"

"I didn't hear him say nest," I stammer, my voice quiet.

"How did you find it?" Stoick demands, approaching Hiccup as he backs away.

"What? No, I-I didn't. Toothless and (D/N) did. Only a dragon can find the island."

Stoick's face lights up in realization as he stands at his full height.

"Stoick... Whatever you're thinking, stop," I quickly mumble, joining Hiccup and staring up at him.

"No, no, no, no. Dad!" Hiccup tries, Stoick's face remaining the same. "No, please. It's not what you think."