Dragon Training

...

Third Person P.O.V

"So if anyone asks where we were... we were... Um..." (Y/N) trails off, rubbing her neck as she hums in thought.

"Frolicking through the woods," Hiccup shrugs, making her laugh lightly. "They'll probably believe it and won't ask questions, since, you know, it's us. The two strange ones."

(Y/N) lets out a soft snicker and nods, sighing as they approach her house.

"I hope they're all asleep," she says in a low voice, exhaling heavily as Hiccup watches her with a frown. "Astrid's gonna chew me out for not helping with the chores today." (Y/N) pauses and bitterly scoffs, "not that she needed a reason to yell at me. She hates my guts."

Hiccup watches her for a moment, frowning when he sees her crestfallen, tired expression.

"But... why?" Hiccup questions, shaking his head.

"I'm not sure," (Y/N) shrugs, crossing her arms. "Probably because I just showed up out of the blue and moved in. I... can understand her being upset. You'd be upset if I just randomly moved into your house, right?"

Hiccup stammers before shaking his head, "uh, nope. N-not at all."

(Y/N) shakes her head with a laugh, playfully pushing him and gasping before laughing once more as he falls over with a yelp.

"Thanks, Hiccup," she smiles, holding out her hand.

He takes it with a bashful grin, (Y/N) grunting lightly as she helps him up before frowning.

"I have Dragon Training tomorrow..." She trails off, rubbing her arm. "I... I don't want to fight dragons."

Hiccup frowns, pacing around before nodding.

"Come on, maybe we can talk to my Dad about getting you out of it," he suggests as he faces her, offering her a reassuring smile.

"Talk... to Stoick?" She repeats as he nods, grabbing her hand and dragging her with him as he begins to walk off.

"Yes... as... Crazy as it sounds," Hiccup replies, making her laugh lightly before sighing as they rush to his house.

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Hiccup slowly opens the door, quickly walking inside and ushering me in as he silently closes the door.

"He looks busy," I whisper, watching Stoick poke at the coals as he welds something.

"Yeah... Let's just... Come on," Hiccup whispers, looking away from him as he quickly starts up the stairs, me behind.

"Hiccup." Stoick calls, making us both freeze.

"Dad!" Hiccup replies with surprise, grimacing and clearing his throat. "Uh... I have to talk to you, Dad," Hiccup nervously stammers as we both slowly climb down the stairs.

Stoick turns around, looking between us as I nervously smile and wave.

"I need to speak with you too, son." Stoick replies, walking towards us as he clasps his hands together.

"Do you want me to leave...?" I question slowly and nervously, making Hiccup quickly look down at me.

"No!" Hiccup quickly replies, wincing and looking away to Stoick. "Uh, no. Dad?"

"No, no. It's fine if you stay, lass." Stoick agrees as he nods, making me sigh in relief and nod.

"Okay, here goes." Stoick clears his throat lightly, starting. "I think it's time you learn to--"