The rat and family

Draco was sitting in the library by himself when all the sudden Hermione came stomping in. Catching Draco off guard because she was normally quiet calm. She sat down in the chair next to him and he saw how upset she looked.

"Is something wrong." He found himself ask her

She huffed "stupid Ron keeps saying that poor Crookshanks was trying to eat his rat scabbers."

Draco stilled he almost forgot about that stupid rat. Weasleys pet scabbers was actually Peter pittigrew a dark wizard that framed Sirius black with the murder of his friends.

"I've never been a big fan of rats also isn't she a Kneazle?" He asked the bushy haired girl.

She shook her head "only half. Why?"

"Well aren't they able to sniff out things that are untrustworthy." He already knew that they did but he was trying to hint to the girl that the rat might be more than it seems.

She blinked at him "your right they do. Do you think there might be something wrong with his rat?"

Draco shrugged before answering "Kneazle are highly intelligent and they are used to find untrustworthy people so I would think that there might just be something wrong with the Weasley rat."

He really hoped she got the hint. Maybe if she got him he could follow her and expose him.

She didn't say anything else clearly lost in thought so Draco continued the book in his hands on how to bring an animagus back to their human form. Untransfiguration Spell. He would have to learn how to cast it properly.

"Are you trying to become an animagus?" She asked him and he quickly turned to her.

"What?" He asked

"Your book. Also the first time I sat in here with you it was a different book on Animagi."

There was no way he could tell her the truth he would have to go along with it "yes but I wanted to learn more about it before I tried."

"You do realize you can't become one until your fourteen right. You have to wait until next year."

Of course he already knew that he knew it was illegal "I know I just wanted to learn about it before then so I could see if I wanted to do it. Don't want to put in the effort of having a mandrake leave in my mouth and then making a potion just to realize I wouldn't want to do it."

"Oh yes that seems like a very smart idea. I'm glad your studying it before making a choice." She seemed proud which was strange.

Then he remembered who she was friends with. He knew they acted like idiots.

Draco looked over at a book he had on the table a book on Thestrals it reminded him of Luna. He was supposed to meet her in the courtyard. "Oh sorry I have to go I forgot about something."

Hermione stood up with him "where are you going I can join." Right Weasley was mad at her and potter was probably on his side.

He made a quick Decision hoping his cousin wouldn't mind the extra company. "Ok I'm just going to the courtyard to meet someone." She nodded and followed him. People stared as they walked by.

They walked in comfortable silence all the way there and Draco saw the familiar head of pale blonde curly hair and walked towards her.

She had a huge smile on her face when she saw him and swiftly pulled Draco into a hug which he returned. Hermione's face was full of confusion. Draco wasn't sure if it was the hug or who he was hugging. He knew many people found Luna strange. He really hoped she wasn't one of this people. He really wanted to be her friend.

Her face soon changed to a smile when Luna gave her an airy smile. Draco was glad.

"Draco who is this?" She asked swinging her arms and tilting her head slightly.

"This is Hermione Granger a friend of mine." He told her glancing at the other girl when saying friend and he saw her face brighten to her normal smile. It seemed she completely forgot about Weasley and the rat.

"Oh it's always nice to meet his friends." Luna waved at her even though she was standing right next to her.

Draco had a fun time with the two girls. They all got along wonderfully and it made him feel much better this was a good thing. He knew Luna loved talking to her about her pet Kneazle. Luna always loved animals.