The last day

It was the last day of the school year and Draco was walking down the hallway. He wasn't all that excited about going home. He really didn't want to see his father, but he missed his mother. He wished there was a way he could just see her and not have to look at his father, but there wasn't.

Peter Pettigrew had been arrested by the ministry of magic, and was now going on trial. Draco didn't think he deserves a trial, and that he should've just been sent straight to Azkaban.

That's what they did with Sirius black, so why not do it with him. Speaking of Sirius Black, they would be holding a trial for him in a few months.

Draco would most likely have to be involved in it, as well as the golden trio. He made sure to keep all of his friends out of it so that they wouldn't get hurt. Yes he had to keep secrets from them but it was worth it. As long as his friends we're safe that's all that really matters.

Potter had been moping around ever since and Draco couldn't blame him. If it was Draco in that situation, he probably wouldn't even come out of his room.

Then again, Draco might just use a killing curse on the man who would kill his mother. His mother meant a lot to him and he didn't think he could do it if it wasn't for her. She had protected him all throughout the war, and sometimes it was really hard, and she couldn't save him. That doesn't mean she didn't try, though she put herself in harms way, just to keep him out of it.

Sirius, Black, and Remus lupin Would be staying at 12, Grimmauld Place. They would have to fix it up quite a bit, because nobody had been living in there for years and it was a disaster. Draco had seen it. His mother had brought him there once before there were house elves heads, hanging next to the stairs, and it freaked out Draco. He was a bit too young to really understand it all, but even then he knew it was wrong.

He couldn't imagine what it looked like now because last time he was, that was about seven years ago.

His uncle had told Potter a lot about his parents. About the kind of things they did when they were younger, and a whole bunch of funny things that happened along the way before they got married. He even told him that he was his godfather.

Dumbledore had brought down the files of the potter family just to show him. Potters mood went up after that because he had a family or at least a family member. He would have a godfather. which also meant that the Muggles, he was currently staying with, could lose custody of him. He would just have to wait until after the trial.

Potter almost seemed eager for the school year to end just so he could go and live with him.  Draco wasn't sure if Potter had actually realized the relationship between professor lupin and his uncle Sirius, Black. He wasn't always the most observant.

Draco was sure he'd pick up on it at some point there's no way he wouldn't be able to. Hermione had already picked up on it quite a while ago asking him if it was true. Draco hadn't answered her. He wasn't sure if it was really any of his business, but professor lupin didn't seem to really mind. He told her that they were in fact at one point a couple, and he hope that they would be again. Draco thought that was sweet and so did Hermione.

Hermione told Draco that he should write to his mother and ask if he could stay over for a while.  He was tempted to, but he really didn't wanna leave her alone with his father longer than necessary.

When his uncle heard of this, he told Draco that his mother could stay with him. Draco wasn't sure if his mother would really want that but his uncle insisted so here Draco was writing a letter to his mother, asking her if she wanted to stay with her cousin Sirius Black, and also asking her if he could stay with a friend for a while.

He waited anxiously for her to send a letter back. His cousin Luna was sitting next to him when it finally arrived. 

He tore up in the letter and read it quickly, beaming the farther in he read.

"She said yes, she said yes I can't believe it." he was thrilled. Apparently his father would be staying somewhere over the summer break for a business trip so it didn't really matter what either of them did over the summer. His mother had given him permission to stay at whatever friends house he wanted to whether it be for the whole summer or just for a week.

He ran over to tell Hermione the good news. Luna was right behind him. Her father had recently gave her permission to spend a week with Hermione as well they all would be able to stay. They'd make the most out of it to.

"Hermione Hermione, my mother said yes. Can you believe it? I can stay for as long as you want me to."

"Draco that's wonderful me you and Luna can all have sleepovers. I've always wanted to have a sleepover. I'm really glad my mother and father are allowing me to do this. I can't wait we should do it now right after school and pack up some bags and we can head over to my house." it was obvious the girl was excited and so was Draco and of course, Luna as well.

That's exactly what they did.  they all packed up some stuff with Hermione's help she vetoed quite a few things saying that Muggles would stare at them weirdly. He forgot how differently they dressed, then wizards. They didn't wear the robes.

Hermione said that they would have to go shopping. Draco, loved shopping and so did his cousin.

The boys in the golden trio, however, we're not too excited to hear about Hermione, Luna and Draco having a sleepover. "how is that fair? we can't stay over?"

" it's not the same Ron you're a boy and Harry can't even come over anyway." Hermione told him.

"So, Malfoy is a boy how come, he doesn't count."

"I don't have to explain it to you it's not your business." Draco snapped at him. He really needs to relax. It's almost as if he was seeing Draco as competition. Thats kind of weird for Draco though.

Draco's mother had sent over some Muggle money so that they could buy some clothes. She sent over enough for both Luna and him and even a little extra for Hermione. His mother seem to really like her.

When it was finally time to go home, Draco and luna met up with Hermione and her parents. It was clear to Draco that Hermione had gotten her looks from her mother. They had the same brown hair, same brown eyes and the same dark skin.

Her father, on the other hand was not nearly as dark. His skin was tan, and his eyes were hazel while his hair was black and he wore glasses.

They seems like very nice Muggles though, and Draco couldn't wait till he got to their house.

Draco, Luna, Hermione, and both her parents left the train station.