What happened

"I'm so sorry Mr Malfoy. Your father didn't make it." The tall man said. Alec? It was the day after the tournament and Harry told Draco about what happened at the graveyard. The spell was cast and reflected back and hit Lucius Malfoy. His father.

Draco gulped he wasn't really sure how to react. So he nodded and walked stiffly away from the man.

School was over and Draco rode the train to his uncles place when his mother received mail saying that he was in the hospital on the verge of death. His mother didn't look upset but it was hard to read her stone face.

Draco tried not to dwell on his fathers death. It was probably for the best. His father was a monster.

It was strange though. His mother went back to the Malfoy manner to get some things sorted out and Draco stayed with his old teacher and uncle.

"Draco dear are you alright?" Lupin's voice was soft when addressing him as if he was a delicate flower. Surely he realized Draco wasn't as sweet and weak as he had acted. His arm wrapped around Draco's shoulders breaking him out of his thoughts. Draco looked up at the taller man.

"It's ok if your not. Your aloud to be upset." He told him.

"I'm not upset he was horrible." Draco said but he couldn't stop the tears that came. Lupin wrapped him up in his arms and Draco sobbed. He didn't know why he was crying. His father was a horrible parent and person. He hurt him on far more than one occasion. Draco had never been held like this by his father when he cried.

Draco wasn't sure how long he cried for but everything hurt and his breathing was ragged. It was strange being back and time but having everything so different.

Lupin was with him the whole time. He sat next to him and kept his hand on his back while he tried to breath.

He hated his father so why was he so upset. Why should he be distraught.

"It's ok Draco." Remus was there. His arms had moved. He was holding Draco again and he didn't even realize that he started to cry. Remus was there. Why wasn't his father. Why didn't his father ever do something like this.

Draco realized that his father was always the reason Draco was hurting. Whether it was physically or mentally. All the beatings he had taken since he was four. None of it was fair. It would never be fair but it could be different. It could be better. He would make sure of it.

He had saved Diggory maybe he could save his uncle to. Even his cousin Tonks. He would do what he could.