Why quit

Draco had quit quidditch. It surprised his friends and godfather when he did.

"I thought you loved quidditch though." Theo said standing in front of him.

"I do I just don't want to play it anymore I'd rather spend more time studying. I want to be smart."

"Your already smart Draco and you've only been in it since second year." Pansy exclaimed

"I'll spend more time with you guys now so what's the big deal?" He asked

"The big deal is that you spent time practicing and getting the whole team new brooms and now you don't want to play anymore. Did something happen?" Pansy asked now extremely concerned.

"Of course not Pans I just don't want to do it anymore. It stopped being fun after father got mad at me for not winning the house cup."

Pansy stopped talking along with the others. They all understood exactly what Draco was saying. They all knew how his father was and how he treated Draco. He wasn't always kind to Draco behind closed doors. Perhaps he was in front of people.

When Draco came back home at the end of first year and he wasn't at the top of class his father beat him till he passes out.

Severus had to carry him to his room and fix him up while he slept.

When he had woken up he hurt less that he originally did but he was out for more than one day. The same thing happened at the end of second year and Draco didn't want it to happen again.

Later that day Draco was walking to the library like he did much more now when he spotted professor Lupin.

His defense against the dark arts teacher stopped and smiled slightly at him before talking "I heard that you had quit quidditch. Is there a reason why?"

Draco was surprised not expecting Lupin to really care. "I just lost interest in playing is all. I always preferred to watch."

Lupin nodded in understanding "as did I mister Malfoy. Well have a good day then I must be off." He smiled at Draco and walked away. Draco brushed that encounter off and continued his walk to the library.