JUDGES REVIEW (BATCH THREE)

Hi cribbers 😘, we're here once again with another session of……

I'm very sure you are excited, well, I am 😌😌

For this batch, we'll be havinggggg

005 Mara
015 Thechocolateteen
023 Aurelius
031 PeanutButter

If your favourite is here thenn don't forget to  VOTEEE

Let's welcome the first contestant!!

005 Mara

Story Entry:
I am tempted to lie, of course. I am tempted to say that I have no inkling whatsoever that this task is going to be a failed one.

“What is it?” The sound of a deep baritone voice jolts me back to reality. As I lift my head slowly, I find myself staring into a pair of eyes brimming with disdain, causing a bitter sensation to gather in my throat.

“Are you deaf?” My father berates, his voice laced with aggression. “If you don’t have anything to say, get out of my room.”

“I–my classmates–“ I stutter, struggling to form coherent words. I wipe my sweaty palm on my long-sleeved shirt.

“Your classmates what?” He lets out a frustrated huff, sizing me up.

I take a deep breath, my heart racing. “My classmates have all paid their school fees, and the principal said that if I don’t pay before Monday, I won’t be allowed to take the exam.” I complete, my words tumbling out in a rush.

He raises his brows. ”And so?” His lips curl back in a sneer. “So, because everybody is paying their school fees, you must pay too?”

My eyes fill with tears, but I force them back. I knew that this was going to be the outcome, but why does it feel so hard to breathe?

He lifts his hands In the air, my eyes following his every move. “Look at my fingers, are they equal? He asks, staring intensely at me. I stand quietly, refusing to speak.

“I’m talking to you!” He snaps, his eyes narrowing into slits.

“N-no,” I stutter, my voice shaking.

“Good. All fingers are not equal. I’m not paying any school fees. School is not for everyone, you can stay at home.”

The words echo in my head and tears start to stream down my face. “Please,” I beg, my hands a conjoined fist. My leg weakens and my knee lands on the cold hard floor. “Daddy, please, I want to go to school.”

He stares at me, his face morphing into anger. “Ah ah. What’s the meaning of this?”

“Daddy–“