Chapter Thirty-Seven | No Shots

"Fever" by Peggy Lee

Malia runs down the stairs and immediately captures the attention of both brothers. They both look between her grin and her outfit, a tight red tank top and black jeans.

"What's got you in a cheer?" Klaus questions.

"We're going out tonight," Malia tells them. 

"We?" Elijah raises his eyebrows. 

"Yes," Malia says with determination. "Both of you, me, -"

There's a knock on the door. 

"Nelle and Birdy!" Malia greets, opening the door.

She smiles at all of them.

"Look, I know I've been weird. I know that. But I'm feeling better, and I thought we could all go out to a club. Music, dancing, drinks," Malia raises her eyebrows. "The perfect distraction for a night."

No one was going to say no to her after what she'd been through, so the five of them followed her to a club.

The music pounded through the club. The atmosphere was electric, the dancefloor alive. 

"We should get drinks!" She called to her friends. "God, I haven't been to one of these since college."

"Look at that line," Nelle gestures to the bar. "It's not worth it."

Malia rolled her eyes at her friend, gesturing to the brothers. 

"That's not really our job," she giggles.

Malia dragged Birdy and Nelle to the dance floor and began swaying to the beat. The brothers returned shortly with drinks for them all, probably having used some vampire quirks to get to the front of the line. 

They tried to excuse themselves to find a booth, but Malia shook her head.

"At least one of you has to dance with me. Come on," she pleads.

"Elijah's not one for this type of atmosphere," Klaus explains.

"Then you'll have to cover for him," Malia chides. "Come on."

Malia grabbed his hand and pulled him toward her. Elijah excused himself, as Klaus spun her around and around. He pulled her close and pressed their bodies together.

After a while of dancing, they all went to join Elijah in the booth who had been keeping a watchful eye out.

"We should do shots," Malia grinned.

"I don't think so, M," Nelle laughed, shaking her head.

"Why not?" 

Nelle just shrugs and smiles.

Malia's eyes flickered down to the full drink in her friend's hand.

"You've hardly touched your drink, Nellie."

Her friend doesn't say anything but shares a look with Birdy.

"Oh my god," Malia became giddy, realization dawning on her. "You're pregnant, aren't you?"

"With everything going on, it was just never the right time to tell you," Nelle explained, holding Birdy's hand tightly in her own. She placed her other hand on her abdomen.

"This is so exciting!"

"And B and I were hoping that you might be it's godmother."

Malia was overwhelmed with happiness.

"Of course, I will," she hugged the couple tightly.

A/N: so sorry, I'm in the middle of finals. Updates will come once a week for the next few weeks because I am about to move to a different state.