Wattpad Original
Masz jeszcze 24 darmowe części

16 • Hot Friends

Tan

After a week of preparation, trying to come up with a style of strip dancing that fit Blanche's Boudoir vibe, I was finally ready to test out my new routines in a safe, supportive environment. At least, that had been the plan when I invited my friends to the studio space for a 'pole dancing class'.

Now, I was wondering if this was a good idea.

West glanced around the empty rehearsal space with a smug look on his face. He should be the one teaching this class, not me, and while that intimidated me–knowing that he'd be judging every move I'd come up with–I also knew that I needed his expertise in a few shaky places.

"Where's the instructor?" he asked in his deep voice.

Wringing my hands together, my gaze circled our friend group, landing on each face. I'd told them I'd organized this class as a way for all of us to hang out. Our lives had become so busy we hadn't had much time to see each othert since Maren's Time Square debut.

But now they were all here, staring at me

I drew in a cleansing breath and let a hesitant smile stretch across my face. I had no idea how they were going to take the news of my new venture.

"If you're wondering where the instructor is, well, you're looking at her." I threw my arms in the air before letting them slap back against my sides. "It's me. I'm the teacher."

A few mouths dropped. Thankfully, Kennedy and Lucas–who already knew about the whole thing–were there, beaming back at me.

The first person to break the shocked silence was Lucas, who screamed, "All right!"

I had to tell him about my adventures in choreography and then swear him to secrecy when I asked if he'd join the crew at Blanche's as a dancer. Let's just say his golden retriever energy made the whole conversation less awkward than it could've been. He admitted that he'd been auditioning at the Oiled Olive for a long time, but that his boss told him he wasn't good enough for their glittering stage.

I explained that I didn't need or expect perfection, just a good attitude, and he was more than on board.

As good as it was to have Lucas and Kennedy hyping me up with smiles, my shoulders slumped when I saw the look on Maren's face. She was hurt I hadn't told her the truth. I knew she could tell something was up, but I'd been keeping a lot from her because I didn't want to bother her with my issues. She was busy with her new business and her new boyfriend.

Maren held up a hand to silence Lucas, who tucked his wagging puppy dog tail between his legs.

"No. Not alright." Her deep blue eyes crinkled in confusion. "When did you start teaching strip dancing classes?"

The words she didn't say hung in the air: Why didn't you tell me?

I wrung my hands together. "Since right now."

I tried to make myself explain how this all happened, but my lips were glued together and my throat was dry. I should've told her last week, but I hadn't felt like I could explain myself without breaking down, and that wasn't who I was. My tears were reserved for my bedroom, where they belonged.

"How do you have the time to teach?" Maren asked.

Yep. She was hurt I was keeping secrets from her. And not like little secrets–these were huge secrets that had derailed the course of my life.

"I thought now that you were princi–"

"I'm not a principal!" I shouted unexpectedly, the words jumping out of my mouth, cutting her off. Once the truth was out there, it seemed to suck all the air out of the room. After a very awkward wordless minute, I muttered, "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. It's just been a long week."