Wattpad Original
There are 21 more free parts

19 • Hot Invite

Dominick

It was getting harder and harder to sit in the same room while these three idiots touched my girl.

She's not your girl, Dom, and she never will be. Get that through your thick skull.

After yesterday's routine, I didn't think I could come back and watch rehersal. But here I was, sitting in the same chair, rereading the same sentence I'd been stuck on for the last twenty minutes, trying to act like I was completely fine with Tan standing inside an inflatable kiddie pool with her blond fuck boy.

But I wasn't.

In fact, I hadn't been fine since these dance lessons began. And I'd been doing significantly worse since Tan decided to add a couples dance to the set.

Pride and a healthy dose of fear had my ass glued to the folding chair, watching this all unfold like I was trapped in a goddamn nightmare.

The girl I couldn't stop dreaming about had her beautiful legs wrapped around Lucas's waist as they practiced the same move over and over again. I was worried she was going to break her neck because Lucas wasn't tall enough to make up for the fact that he didn't know what he was doing.

He was supposed to be supporting her hips while she arched backward and floated her hands to the ground, but he kept fucking it up, and every time, her back hit the ground instead.

She let out a painful hiss, and I was on my feet. I couldn't take this anymore.

"What the hell are you doing?"

The room went silent. Everyone was staring at me. But I didn't care.

I didn't know who I was shouting at, Tan or Lucas, or maybe both of them, but this needed to stop. I wasn't going to let him keep hurting her.

Lucas saw fit to keep his mouth shut, choosing to stare guiltily at the floor after he helped Tan to her feet.

With that short red dress clinging to her golden brown skin and her long, black hair wet and streaming down her back, it was hard to form coherent thoughts.

She planted one hand firmly on her hip and looked around the room. "I'm sorry, did someone make a comment?"

There was something so hot about the fire inside her. She wasn't just sunshine, she was the whole sun. Blazing hot and fiery.

I took a step forward, meeting her heat with my own icy tone. "You heard me, twinkle toes. I want to know what the hell is going on."

"Oh, I'm sorry," she replied, her pretty brown eyes finding mine across the room. "I thought we were dancing, which is what people do at dance rehearsals. So go back to reading, and let the dancers dance."

Christ. I'd made her that bitter and angry. That was my fault. But it was easier to lash out at Lucas, who I hated, than face the fact that I was the one at fault.

"That pretty boy is gonna drop you on your damn head. He's not tall enough for that routine, and you know it."

Tan jumped out of the kiddie pool, water dripping down her neck, soaking into the material of her dress.

"It doesn't matter how pretty or tall he is. We're going to make it work because he's all I got. Unless you're offering to get up here and do a better job, keep your comments to yourself."

I gritted my teeth together, clenching my jaw until I thought it might crack. Todd the Rod and Big Dick Nick were staring at me, and so was Lucas. I'd already said I wasn't going to be in the show, and if I caved now, they'd think I was soft, and they'd never listen to me again.