Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

30 • Hot Trust

Dominick

From the second I saw Tan walk out of that ballet studio, I knew something was wrong. A dark cloud had settled over my beam-of-sunshine girl, and I would've done anything to send it away. To banish it. To find out what had made her so upset.

The whole ride back to her apartment, I was struggling with what to do. I didn't want to impose on her evening if she needed to be alone, but experience told me that sometimes when I said I wanted to be alone, it was when I needed the most help.

Once I got her back to her apartment, I parked my bike and captured her hand in mine, holding it tight as we made our way up to her apartment. It was in a much nicer area of the city than Mimi's place, and I liked that the place felt secure. She needed a card to get inside, and there were cameras everywhere.

When we got inside the elevator, and Tan pressed the button for the tenth floor, she leaned her back against my chest, and I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tight against me. I couldn't help but stare at our reflection in the mirror and admire the way she looked in my arms. The way we looked together.

This was my girl, and I could tell she'd had a rough day. It was more than just being tired. I didn't know what she needed from me just yet, but I was determined to find out what I could do for her.

Tan's apartment was small and cluttered but felt like her. She let go of my hand and immediately slumped on the couch, pulling a brightly patterned blanket over herself. Tossing her baseball hat and sunglasses onto the floor.

"I'm sorry I'm in a bad mood," she said. "It's just been a long day." Sighing, she added, "You can leave if you want. I won't blame you. I'm probably just going to make some tea, take a bath, then go to bed. I'm not going to be worth hanging around right now."

Leave her like this? No way. I could tell Tan was used to doing things alone. Or, at the very least never had a man who didn't just want her to entertain him. When I told her I wanted her to be mine, I wanted it all. The good and the bad and everything in between.

A not-so-small part of me was insecure and worried that she was upset because I kept her up so late or that she was regretting making room for me in her life. But I wasn't going to make her mood worse by demanding to have my ego soothed. I had to trust that she'd tell me if she didn't want me around.

Right now, this wasn't about me. This was about her.

I crouched beside her so I was at eye level, then ran a hand down her back, rubbing soothing circles with my fingers. "If you want me here, then I'm here. If leaving would make you feel better, then I'll go. If you want me to order you some food or clean your kitchen, I'll do that too. Whatever it takes to support you, I've got your back. "

Her big brown eyes widened. "I really needed to hear you say that. Thank you."

"Tell me what you want me to do." It was a firm command that put her in the driver's seat, and I was content to do whatever she said. Whether that was stay or go, at least I knew she was home safe.

Tan nodded. "Stay with me."

Those three little words from her beautiful lips made my heart soar. She was letting me in. She wanted me to stay, and I was more than happy to oblige.

I pressed a kiss into her hair, then another on her forehead, lingering there and drawing in her scent. She was mine now. Mine to protect. My responsibility.

"Of course I'll stay," I reassured her, watching an ounce of her warmth return to her eyes. "Now, I think you said something about a bath and tea."

Tan smiled half-heartedly. "Normally, I take a hot bath with Epsom salts and sip on a steaming mug of turmeric tea when I'm feeling overwhelmed. They're a ballerina's best friends." She paused, and it seemed like the little bit of warmth that had returned to her had fled again. She cleared her throat, then said, "Well, that and the foam roller."