2. The game begins

"You are never gonna let me live without bringing this up every second" Rory was still giggling from Lorelai's little whisper in my ear. "I will mention this to you every time we are in Luke's" she continues laughing until we hear a knock at the door. 'Good luck' she mouths to me before we hear footsteps stomp through the door. "Where is that little-" "Luke screaming at a kid isn't gonna help the situation" Lorelai defends me, not really. I think she's just trying to calm Luke down just a bit so he doesn't ACTUALLY kill me. "RORY!" Lorelai calls out for her.

"Prepare yourself" she teases before walking out the door, fixing her skirt a bit. I look at the the window to see in there's any way out. I reach for the handle of the window. "Funny enough I had the same idea." The same voice from the diner says calmly behind me. I turn around to face him and he doesn't even look phased about the fact that I've made him the towns villian. "You must be Maria" he says looking around Rory's room, taking a longer look at her books. "Wow you caught me." I raise my hands as if I'm surrendering. "Oh I'm not gonna stop you leaving, I had the same idea" he says, taking a few steps towards me. I let out a breath. "So you're the type who climbs out of windows to get out of big family, friend dinners?" I question the boy, he just shrugs.

"You don't look mad." I say, looking at him with narrowed eyes, "why would I be mad?" He questions, looking deep into my eyes with his gorgeo- "because I quite literally ruined your reputation" I blurt out and he just stands there and shrugs again, "I was already gonna do that" his voice monotoned. "You just blamed a really bad prank on me. I was looking to be known for the ones that could put me in jail" I nod at him "wow big aspirations there" I say as someone walks into the room "well it was nice meeting you but I really got to go, BYE!" I call, opening the window farther and jumping out.

That must've been the nicest sleep I've had in so long. I think to myself as I get out of bed. Considering my last few nights consisted of, A. Egging Kirk's house, B, jumping out of windows to escape family dinners. So I think I've been doing quite well for myself in the hectic department.

I figured I'd have to face Luke at some point, and what better way to do it than go and get coffee the day after I climbed through a window to get away from him. I'm scared of some things. And if I had to list them in order, Luke is definitely in my top 5 fears. And to think what could be scary about a man in a flannel and backwards cap. And my answer would be everything. I swear as soon as I walked into Luke's, he smelt me or something. Immediately his eyes are on fire and looking directly at me. "Maria you better leave this shop right now" he demands, clearly restraining himself from coming towards me to pour boiling hot coffee on my head. "But you can't starve a young girl Luke." I perk, looking at him with pleading eyes to spare my life. "You can't make me look bad in my own shop" he whispers shouts, his voice sounding a little calmer.  I keep the eye trick up. It seems to work for everyone.

"Is this your way of saying you aren't going to kill me" I ask as he sets a plate of berry pancakes down for me along with a coffee. "Who says I'm not trying to?" He retorts, and I look at the food then to him. I place my hand on my heart as if I've been hurt, "Luke you- you aren't trying to poison me are you?" I announce loudly enough for some people to overhear, "now you're being ridiculous. Just eat then leave my shop" he walks away after saying this to tend to the other customers.

"Wow I'm surprised he let you in" Jess widens his eyes as he sees me sitting there, I stick out my tongue at him. Jess purses his lips and narrows his eyes, "what can I say, I can win everyone over." I smile at him, "oh I'm sure as soon as you walk out of this store everyone's gonna love you" he sarcastically replies. And walks upstairs. I sit in confusion and look outside and see caution tape. How have I not seen this before?

After I finish eating I walk up to where it is and immediately all eyes are on me. "It was you wasn't it?" Taylor points at me with anger. I look at the obviously faked murder scene. "I wish I'd thought of this Taylor, but it just wasn't me" I shrug and his eyes are more horrified after, "said as a true killer." He backs away along with everyone standing in a 3 meter radius of me. "Wow, you guys are seriously stupid" I look around at them then walk away shaking my head. I must admit, Jess was gonna be harder work than I thought. I mean the crime scene was pretty good...

Taking a walk near Luke's to try and find Jess without actually having to go inside may seem as stalkerish but I need to talk to him after the stunt. I get the fact that he wants to get revenge but now Dean won't even let me in the house. "Woah you surely aren't going for my uncle next are you?" He questions, I scoff and turn around to face him. "Stalking me?" He winks and I just shake my head in disbelief. "You're good. I must admit, but thanks to you im officially homeless until Dean let's me back in." I raise my brows as I talk to him, "Dean? Like Rory's boyfriend?" He asks "my annoying twin brother yes" "twins wow, and I thought they were just a myth" he laughs and I become even more annoyed at his presence with every 0.5 seconds.

He begins to walk toward me slowly, stopping infront of me, "you have to remember you started this with your eggs" he bends a bit to reach my height. Didn't exactly get the tall gene. "The games are just starting Maria." He places his hand on my shoulder for a second, looking into my eyes that are practically glued to his. And he circles around me back into Luke's, leaving me stranded.

A/N: Maria is so down bad but just doesn't wanna say it