6. Dream

"We can't skip again, Jess are you serious?" I scowl at him, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms over my chest. To which he just grabs my exposed right hand, and tugs me along with him. "Unfortunately you don't get an option here" he whispers.

And somehow we ended up in him and Luke's room, well we snuck in. "Jess, can you please tell me why I'm here?" I ask him curiously, he closes the door behind him and we're both stood just standing here. "Give me just a second" I cross my arms impatiently, I was missing class again... "seriously Jess if you don't tell me-" I feel a weight grab my arm and push my against the door behind me. "Do you ever shut up" he says in a whiny tone, chuckling slightly. And all of a sudden I'm lost in his eyes. Looking at his face up close, he's got a sad beauty that I never noticed. I take in his features... "You know I think I've lost what I originally came up here for" he whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "What now?" I whisper, barely audible. "I was thinking..." his voice trailed off. His eyes drifting lower down my face. Looking at where I desperately wanted him. Needed him. "Is this okay?" He asks for my consent. I don't give him an answer before my lips are on his-

Immediately my body jolts up, sweat bending from my head. I just had a dream about Jess. And not just any dream. How was I gonna be around him when I just dreamt of us... like that?....

I was really tired, but I needed coffee, and I figured since my 'no Luke's period' was finished. And though my plan was to avoid Jess, I went to the place where he'd most likely be. I sit down at the closest table and put my head down. "Hey kiddo" I hear Luke say. With my head down, I wave with my hand. "Not get enough sleep?" He asks me, because normally I'm not the tired type. What I could say is, 'I had a dream I was kissing your nephew in your room' but I mumble, "I had a nightmare" though at my grand age of 17 that sounds really stupid. "Aww the poor baby had a nightmare, what shall we do. Cradle her in our arms until she falls asleep" immediately my head shoots up to find that the voice came from Jess, and I probably look like I've saw a ghost. "You know what I gotta go, but being cradled would be so nice, what time should I come around later so I can be cradled in your strong arms?" I ask sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him. "Hey you think my arms are strong?!" He shouts over to me as I'm about to leave the door... without my coffee.

"What does it mean when you dream about someone?" I ask Rory as we walk around the town square, "usually it means you, I don't know. Like them? That's a really weird question coming from you." She says, I sigh. I don't have feelings for Jess, he's just a guy I find mildly attractive and have a small emotional connection with. No romance. "Well Clara was having a dream about someone from school and she said that they kissed, so I just wanted to ask someone with romance in their lives what normally happens when you have a dream about some. Like, does it happen with you and Dean?" At this point I was just rambling about anything, to get my mind off Jess and how it felt, even if I didn't feel it, to kiss him.

"Maria" Dean rams into my room, "why did you ask Rory if she dreamt about me, and what do you mean, Clara had a dream about some guy and they were kissing" he was talking with his hands, that's when you know he's frustrated. "Sorry I just needed an answer to a question" I sigh, moving my position to have my legs swinging off the bed. Dean takes a seat beside me, "sorry I shouldn't have barged in" he apologises, looking at me. He then nudges me, "so who's the guy you dreamt about." He teases me, obviously knowing nothing happened with Clara and her mystery man "okay I think it's about time you leave." I stand up, pushing my 6ft tall brother out the door. Which I must admit, didn't look satisfying to anyone who'd watch from a window.

Normally I don't find any problem with sleeping, but tonight, I just can't turn my mind off. Filled with thoughts of a guy? That's a first. Throughout my years, I've never even had feelings for anyone. I've never even kissed anyone. So I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Getting out of my bed, I put a pair of shoes on, and slide my window open, climbing out so I can get some air and just walk around.
It's almost 1am, I'm tired but I'm not tired.

I'm listening to an old song on my iPod when I come across Jess, at Kirk's house. With toilet paper? I try to ignore him by walking past, pretending not to notice, but he sees my anyway. "Nice outfit" I ignore him the first time, he's obviously referring to my pajamas. "Hey!" He shouts again, I take out my earphones and turn around to him, "oh hey!" I say unenthusiastically. I look at the toilet paper, act like I don't know what's going on, "want some help?" I ask, considering I have nothing better to do. "Im all yours" he opened his arms then tosses my a roll. Something about the way he said im all his had my stomach in a knot. "If we get caught im blaming you" I sigh, throwing roll in every random corner. "Well that's funny because I was gon-" "who's out there!?" A voice calls, through some sort of megaphone? Kirk, and a megaphone? I wouldn't put it past him though.

"Shit, quick." He grabs my hand and drags me with him, behind a bush beside his house, in hopes of not getting caught. We hear the door open, my breath hitches but is immediately stopped by Jess grabbing my hand. And making a 'shh' sign with him finger. I nod at him. "Who goes there!" He calls again, "those kids are so done for tomorrow" he yells to himself then slams the door behind him. We both let out long breaths and stare at each other for a second. We then burst out laughing. Noticing that he hasn't removed his hand from mine I cough, he looks down and notices the position, but he doesn't move from it. Instead he leans closer. And I'm thinking, 'this is it, my dream but in a much different circumstance' I lean in towards him... until we're both grabbed by our hair and pulled out of the bush... shit.
I kick Kirk in the leg and we make a run for it..