5. Claras breakdown

I haven't had coffee from Luke's in 4 days... I swear it's like that man can sense when I'm about to come in. Because the second my hand is on the door, I'm getting rushed out by Luke and a very hot pot of coffee. And I also think Luke has officially locked Jess up. I haven't seen him since. Not being at school. And not there when I look through the windows. Not that his whereabouts actually matters to me. But I'd like for him to apologise about this idea that has me coffee starved for 4 days. I mean, I did participate in the rearrangement of furniture but it was Jess' idea so I blame him.

"You mean it's been 4 days since you had coffee!" Rory shouts surprisingly, "I have the best ide-" "I'm not going to get 2 coffees to go, me and mom already tried that once. Luke only gave me 1 coffee." I sigh at her response, running my hands down my face in frustration. "Jess owes me 20 coffees, 5 for each day I haven't had one" I say, looking to the ground. "Yeah about Jess, how is he. I haven't seen him around." Rory asks me, though I don't know why she's suddenly worried about his whereabouts "I think Luke's got him hostage in the diner" I laugh and Rory gives me a look of, 'you can't say that in public' but laughs it off.

Dean, Clara and I were watching a movie called, 'flipper' it's about this guy named sandy and a dolphin? I can't really explain it. I'm just watching for the dolphin. Ironic isn't it though, the guys called sandy and dolphins are water creatures. Deans stands up, "hey I've gotta go call Rory" he announces, quickly leaving the room. "This movies boring" Clara whines, yawning. I move to the seat beside her and point at the dolphin. "Do you not find flipper cute?" I ask her with a pout, "no" she says then leaves the room. Leaving me alone. So much for a movie night with my siblings.

I go into Clara's room to check if she's asleep. Deans still on the phone to Rory so I have to check. I find her crying instead. I walk over and sit beside her on her bed, pulling her into a hug. "Hey what's wrong?" I ask her gently stroking her hair. "Dean doesn't have time for us anymore" she weeps, which is why I'm assuming she stormed out. "He loves you and he loves spending time with us" I try to reassure her but she cries harder. "Oh honey, listen. Dean has a girlfriend now, which makes it difficult for him. Because he has so much more to deal with. To keep a relationship going, one of the key factors is communication. You need to understand that. Dean loves us more than anything. But he works, and he has to work to keep his relationship happy. Whereas we can just support him, even if we don't spend as much time together as we'd like."

One thing came out of that speech, I am not good at reassuring, but at least she's down to short sobs. So I think it helped a bit at least. "What about you?" She asks me, confused I say, "what about me?" "Do you have a boyfriend?" She giggles and pulls away from my hug. "Oh absolutely not" I make a gag sound and then nudge Clara slightly, we both start laughing then Dean comes in, "Clara you're supposed to be asleep, and Maria what the hell was going on?" He looked between me and Clara seeing her puffy red eyes. "Uh Clara was just crying... over the dolphin!" I wink at her then look at Dean, who can tell I'm clearly covering for Clara. He crosses his arms and sighs, "okay, but Clara get to bed now" he awkwardly smiles then walks out. I hug her, "goodnight, lil sis"

Finally it was the weekend, and no one is allowed to hold a grudge against me on the weekend. So you lose Luke. I walk up and to my surprise I actually make it past the door this time. Only to see both Luke and Jess. I'm assuming Jess' jail time is up. "Hey Luke!" I shout to him, half expecting to be rushed out being threatened by coffee. And today was a good hair day. I wasn't about to get too close... just incase. "Jess make her a coffee" Luke instructs his nephew. "But Luke, your coffee is so much better" I argue, "either Jess makes you coffee or you don't get any coffee" he wasn't gonna debate any further, so I guess I just had to deal with the fact I could possibly get poisoned knowing Jess.

He comes out from behind the counter handing me a coffee cup to go. "Wow he won't let me sit in?" I ask him curiously, "it'll be another week before that happens let me tell ya" he answers, I sigh, taking a sip of the beverage. I smile so hard after that first sip, it's almost like I was possessed. "Woah, you okay?" Jess asks, furrowing his brows. I grab him on the shoulders, "you have no idea, I've had to deal without coffee for almost 6 days. 6 days with no caffeine. And also I totally blame you for it, even though I went along with the plan, I don't think I've ever been happier than right now because for the past 6 days I've felt like a complete wreck but of course on my only good hair day I can finally get coff-" I'm interrupted by a hand over my mouth, Jess' hand. "Yeah I think it's your cue to go" he winks and I notice Luke death staring me. "BYE!" I run out the door again before anything could happen.