10. The Wedding

"Can you believe Sookie and Jackson are getting married" Rory exclaims as we get ready for the wedding. "They're so cute together" I say excitedly as I put a bobby pin in my hair, "hey is my hair okay??" I ask her curiously. "Your hair is fine, you look beautiful." Rory smiles at me and I give her a quick hug. Things have been getting better lately, with the help of Rory, Dean, Lane and Lorelai. I think I'm finally starting to get Jess out of my mind. Sure I think of him sometimes, but he's not the most constant thing on my mind anymore. I can finally stand being alone with Dean and Rory, I think I've had some serious happiness development lately, and a wedding between two of my favourite people in stars hollow might just add to my wave of happiness.

"The venue is beautiful" I gush over how pretty the setting is, I've been sick the past few days so I haven't heard any of the planning behind the wedding. Lorelai grabs my shoulder, "thanks, gosh it's warm I am sweating" she fans herself with her free hand and I just laugh. Rory comes up to me and asks, "hey have you seen Dean?" When Dean is standing right behind her. Dean makes a 'shh' with his finger then he grabs her by the waist and spins her around. "You look pretty" he says as he puts her down. "I gotta go" I whisper to Lorelai, "be back soon!" She shouts to me as I walk away. I wanted Dean and Rory to have their moment without me being there.

I'm walking around and come to a stop, the scenery is beautiful. Sookie and Jackson must be amazed by how gorgeous everything is. I'm looking around and hear footsteps approach from behind me. "The flowers are beautiful aren't they" the soft voice speaks. I nod my head and smile, "they are, and I'm not normally a flower person but I don't know there's something about these and the trees that makes them particularly beautiful" I respond, speaking my mind. "Wow forgot my voice already?" The guy questions, and then I know.

Turning around I'm met with Jess. The Jess. And I can't look away. "Jess..." my voice trails off as I'm in shock at the fact he's back, "you're- you're" "back?" He finishes the sentence and I nod. "You are. And you're standing here right now" I say looking him up and down. He's still Jess. And then it hits me. "Oh my God you're back" I exclaim with a smile on my face "you've said that before" he chuckles, staring directly at me with those eyes. "I'm surprised you seem happy to see me" he states, smiling at the fact that I'm smiling. "I'm so sorry" I apologise, taking a step closer to him, "I never should have told you to leave that night, you poured your heart out to me and all I did was think about the fact that I'd fallen for you and then you'd just be gone and I'm so sorry, Jess"

He just takes a step forward, making me gulp. I see his throat bob before he grabs my hand. "I'm back." He announces. "I'm living with Luke again" and the moment he says this, I can't take it anymore. Taking my hand out of his I bring them up to cup his cheeks and lean in with a passion I've never felt before. Our lips pieced together perfectly. His lips were so soft against my own, my left hand roams to the back of his neck to deepen the kiss while his move to pull me in by my waist.

After a few minutes we both pull away, and I can feel his smile through his eyes. "Why did you come back?" I question, really wanting to know l, "you" he utters, grabbing my hands again. "Me? You came back for me?" I'm stunned, not able to believe it, I thought he'd have come back for Luke. "Yes. I came back for you." I laugh and he grabs my chin, "why- why are you laughing?" He questions, joining in with me, lightly chuckling. "Because you came back from New York for me?" I question AGAIN, and he rolls his eyes slightly. "I just can't believe tha-" and his lips surge forward to meet mine again... "believe me now" he says as our lips part, "one more then I'll believe it" I say playfully, our mouths connecting again. Pulling away for the final time I say, "I believe you." I sigh, out of breath. And he brings my head down and kisses it.

"And just like that?" "Just like that" I reply, blushing as I tell my brother the story. "I got to admit I don't like the guy but as long as you're happy with him, that's all I care about. But if he breaks your heart again, I'll break him" I smile and pull my twin brother into a hug "I am in shock" I announce smiling hard as I relive the moment in my mind. "Okay okay I have to go call Rory" He pulls away from the hug and leaves my room. Leaving me there with red evident on my face.

"Hi Luke" I cheerfully enter his diner and order a coffee. "You seem happy" he observes, "oh no I'm completely normal" I reply trying to hide the evident joy on my face "you kids are weird" he says before leaving to bring me coffee. I notice Jess coming down the stairs and I can't help but smile to myself. "Go on, say hi" Luke says following my gaze to Jess and noticing my smile, "thanks Luke".

"Good morning" I announce as he looks up and sees me. "You might want to get out from behind the counter" he mentions and I look at Luke who is giving me death eyes. "Right..." I step out and let Jess out too. "Got any plans for today?" He asks me and I shake my head excitedly. "Perfect." He says before dragging me along with him...

A/N: The end of act 1 <3