3. New classmate

It's been 2 days, and luckily for me. The whole town is no longer convinced I'm a murderer. Thanks Jess. Like come on, I don't understand how anyone even believed it in the first place, there was no police at the scene, it was just Taylor and a bunch of others crowding around a chalk outline of a person. What type of murderer leaves trails like THAT.

"Dean!" I call for my brother who is still annoyed about the whole thing by the way. "What do you want?" He responds, obviously still pissed. "How many times am I gonna have to apologise for something that I didn't do! You know it was Jess, Dean!" I shouted back at him, "also hurry up I need to use the shower" I finish.

Don't get me wrong I love mornings. Just not Monday mornings. Dean takes 30 minutes in the shower, which means I only have 20 minutes to shower, do my hair, do my makeup and make a coffee to bring with me. We have two showers but a few days after we moved to Stars Hollow, my one stopped working which means I get to share with Dean. Obviously one of the joys of my mornings.

"Lane thank god, have I mentioned how long Dean takes to shower in the morning." "You mentioned it last Monday, Wednesday AND Friday" she counters, as we walk to our first classes, "what do you have?" I ask her "Biology" she responds and I make a disgusted face, "what a bummer, I'm in English"

I was late. I get to school on time, but somehow I care too little about actually getting to class on time. "Everyone welcome Je-" our teacher stops talking as I drop a book as I enter the classroom. "Late again Miss Forester" he sighs looking down at me picking up my books. "Don't mind me... continue please" I say standing up, and as soon as my eyes meet his. I internally start to cry. Jess, what a perfect new addition. "Now as I was saying, welcome Jess" I get to my seat and look up at him again, he's already staring at me. "Make him feel welcome and take your seat please." Our English teacher says as he goes to write something on the board. And luckily for me, the only seat left is the one right behind of me.

"Can you believe it? The first day and I get to sit right in front of Jess" I rant to Rory as she comes out of the bus, "how was Chilton" "you know just another day of Paris constantly trying to stop me from being on time to the Franklin meeting." I widen my eyes, "Paris sounds like a character" I sigh as we walk our way to Luke's . "She's nice when she needs to be" Rory shrugs. "Oh great look who it is" I stop and look at Jess walking into Luke's. "It can't be that bad." Rory says, "oh you have no idea"

"Hey Luke!" I call to him, we're fine now. After Jess got me back he gave me the pass. "What can I get you?" He asks me, Rory goes to sit with Lorelai and I sit at the counter. "I'm feeling adventurous today" "ahh does that mean you want hot chocolate" he asks as he fills up a customers mug, I nod saying, "you know it" with a smile on my face which is immediately faded as a familiar presence. I scoff at the sight and thankfully Luke understands my annoyance because he doesn't say anything besides, "you kids gonna keep fighting?" His eye going between the two of us. "I'd rather fight him than get along with him" I say back, "and what about you, Jess" Luke asks his nephew while he gives me my hot coco. "You know I really have to get going" he answers and takes off without saying anything, "JESS" Luke calls back. Apparently Lorelai gave him a talk about not wondering off without knowing. Even though it's Stars Hollow, there's no way of getting lost here.

"MARIA!" Dean calls for me, "GET THE DOOR!" Of course, because he's too busy to open the door. Probably on the phone to Rory. You know I can't remember a time when we've had a proper talk without any mention of Rory. I love them both but come on, I miss when my brother wasn't so hung up on how to impress a girl.

I answer the door and there's a pizza delivery guy at the door, "Is this Dean Forester?" He asks me, I stare blankly. Dean definitely wouldn't have me opening the door if it was him that ordered pizza, "excuse me one second" I close the door and call for Dean, "HEY DID YOU ORDER PIZZA!?" "NO?" He calls back sounding confused, "WELL THERES A PIZZA GUY AT THE DOOR AND HE SAID ITS FOR YOU" I shout back, I should probably get back to the poor man, I open the door again, "Sorry it seems as though you have the wrong hou-" "no I'm not wrong, I was asked to deliver the pizza to a Dean Forester and there's a Dean here, yes?" Woah... how was I gonna get out of this. "Has this pizza been paid for?" I ask him "no" the pizza guy says. And it all clicks.

I get to the living room and sit on the sofa while Dean comes in, finally off the phone with Rory. "Jess, again" I sigh while bringing my knees up to my chest, "I don't think I've ever had so much trouble with a delivery man" Dean just laughs, "yeah this Jess guy seems to totally have it in for you doesn't he?" I look down at my feet and laugh to myself, "I found it funny but he's definitely gonna drive me insane. But I gotta admit, it's my fault in the first place, I blamed him for Kirk's house getting egged when that was all me"

I needed to get him back because right now the scores are looking like
Jess: 02 Maria: 01