Act 2 | 10: I love you

"Why are you here?" He asks with soft eyes and a slight smile. He knows why I'm here. "Because you told me you loved me over a voice message." I reply... he shook his head in reply and chuckled. "So you came here for?"

"I came here, because you told me you loved me." He furrows his brows in a way that says, 'I told you I love you, so what?' "You really are crazy aren't you" he laughs looking to the ground and then, eyes trailing up my body taking me in. The fact that I'm here. "Come on we can't discuss this here." He says, taking my hand hurriedly. "Where are we goi?" "Full of questions today aren't we?" He dodges my question with a rhetorical.

We get to his house eventually after him dragging me almost everywhere. With no talking whatsoever. "So you're not living alone?" I asked. Another question, I know that was gonna annoy him. But it didn't. "I live with my mum. She's not here right now, she's actually in Stars Hollow right now." I hum in response and we just stand there awkwardly for a few minutes.

"So..." he starts "yeah" I whisper, trying to avoid eye contact. But I can't help myself. These past few months without him. While I've achieved so much. It hasn't felt worth it. I started relying on pills to get me through the day... which is probably why I landed in the hospital in the first place. Looking up to him again, "I've missed you" I let it out. He purses his lips and his expression for a second seemed sad. "I've missed you too" he replies.

This conversation has been a long time coming. "Sorry I just think it's crazy that you came all the way to New York from Stars Hollow just because of a voice message." He states, chuckling and once again his eyes making contact with mine. There's so much unsaid between us. But sometimes it feels like we don't have to say anything. There's just comfortable silence. "In the message you said..." I pause, taking a breath "you said you loved me." And he nods. "What did you expect me to do with that Jess?" I ask him genuinely, and he shakes his head. "I don't know, I just needed to say it somehow"

"So you don't reply to any of my messages or answer any of my calls and one night after I was in the hospital, you decide. Let's call Maria and tell her I love her" I don't shout, but my voice is raised. He takes a step closer, reaching a hand out to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ears. "I wasn't ready, but when I found out something bad happened, I couldn't take it." He admitted, his hand cupping my cheek. And his eyes looking all around my face for any type of sign that I could feel the same way.

And I do.

"Jess.." I whisper, he brings his head down to meet my own. "I should've told you this. I was going to tell you this. But I love you. And I have loved you since the moment you decided to blame me for your stupid body prank in-front of Doose's." I smile at the end as I recall the moment. Staring back at him and him smirking back at me. "I came here. Because I didn't want to tell you through the phone. I needed to tell you in person. And I'm not here to bring you back to stars hollow. I just needed you to know that I love you and I've loved you for a long time, Jess Mariano." He chuckles at the use of his last name. And rubs his forehead against mine softly. "I love you." He says, before adding "now you can hear it in person"

I bring my mouth to his and he embraces me in a loving, passionate kiss. Any kiss that I've had with Jess is always filled with something. I can't place it. But when I'm with Jess, it feels like I have all the time in the world to do everything. I'm comfortable, I can talk about my interests while he smiles and listens. I let him rant about his book characters and play music that hurts the ears. But even though there's a side of him I'll never get to unravel. I'll always love him. In every single universe.

A/N: and that's a wrap <3 thanks for reading!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 | 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐦! 𝐎𝐂 🎉