Need - Yandere Azula

At first azula wanting you to stay in the palace made sense, it was nice

At first azula wanting you to stay in the palace made sense, it was nice. She had always been protective of you so when the attacks started to get closer to the Fire nation capital it didn't surprise you that she requested that you are to stay in the palace under her protection. However, now it's starting to become a concern. Leaving is prohibited, whenever you send a letter somewhere it never manages  to cross the courtyard, almost every possible second Azula makes it clear that she is there,  you can only converse with selected people and even then Azula isn't the biggest fan of you talking to anyone other than herself. You can't really blame her though after Mai and Ty lee betrayed her she had gotten highly paranoid, suspecting anyone and everyone. She just wants to keep you safe, well that's what she says anyway.

You were walking down one of the many corridors of the palace. Oil lamps sat on the walls lighting the way with pictures of previous fire lords, grand and impossible to ignore, hanging from the roof to the floor. They looked down at you in an almost condescending way making you feel miniature, insignificant. Each one was as extravagant as the next all painted in honour of the Nations leaders. All holding the infamous tear drop flame with tips like tridents that had marked the Nation for centuries.  The sound of footsteps hitting the marble floors echoed throughout the four walls getting louder with each click that hit the ground. You kept your focus on the painting not paying the other person attention even after the steps had stopped and they were right next to you.
"Amazing aren't they?" The person asks. You'd recognise her voice anywhere. It was the angel that haunted you. The one whom loved and cared for you. The one that holds you on a pedestal above herself. "I'll be up there one day. When I'm Fire Lord my portrait will hang here just like my ancestors... and I'll have you with me when that happens." She continues. Her last comment catching you off guard. You turned to look at the princess besides you her eyes were glued to her fathers portrait.
"Pardon?" You asked just above a whisper yet she still heard. Her face turned to meet yours and she smiled. A rare sight.
"What's wrong?" Azula tilted her head to the side. You wanted to say something but the words got caught in your throat.
"I uh what- eerr it um h- yo- I- w-" eventually you gave up trying to speak the princess chuckled slightly. You sighed and took a deep breath attempting to speak for a second time. "W-what do y-you mean I'll be with you?" You eventually managed to say. The fire princess tilts her head slightly.

"I don't understand the question." She stated simply. "Why wouldn't you be with me?"
You sigh. You should of seen this kind of reaction from her and yet you still asked the question all you can do it prey she won't get mad or start an argument.
"I- uuuuh I was just saying that... you know it umm your your coronation won't happen for a long while yet and there's a war going on so i was ju-" Azula cut you off her tone had a slightly sharper edge to it than before.
"Don't be ridiculous. Those things don't play a part in this. They don't even factor. You love me don't you? Cause cause I love you, you know I do. I'd burn this whole world down for you. I'm I'm one of the youngest generals in Fire Nation history! I'm a crowned princess! Is is that not enough? I I I'll do anything just tell me you want to be by my side I can't be Fire Lord without you. I can't do or be anything without you. You know that." A worried expression filled her face as she went on you listened gulping down getting nervous. You'd speak up. You'd intervene but that will probably make the situation worse. You need to let her go on so you know exactly what she needs to hear before you say something and mess up further.
"How would I run a nation without you beside my side? How would I win a war? How would I function? I need you. And I need you to be safe. Do you understand Y/n? I need you by my side so I know you are safe. That's all I care about. All I need. Please grant me this my dear. Please grant me the ability to watch over you keep you from harm. When when i am Fire Lord I'll be able to do that much much easier but but I'd still need you." As she speaks she places a hand upon your cheek. Her gentle touch cold with her thumb caressing your face. You stare into her eyes unsure of how to respond. It takes you a few moments to process what she said then even longer to come with a response however you get there in the end.