Chapter 1 - intro

"Chan I bet I could fit all of your chicken nuggets in my mouth at the same time."

"What the- Jisung please stop your ruining my appetite." Chan expression shows he was clearly used to behavior like this. The younger had been eyeing the chicken nuggets on his tray all lunch, maybe a little too intensely for his liking.

"Why!??" Jisung whines in response. "Atleast let me try once! Please hyung!!"

Chan rolls his eyes and turns his head toward the long haired boy beside him, hoping to talk to a person who he could have a civilized conversation with. Unlike a certain someone.

But the boy was staring off to another lunch table, his head resting on his hand. His thoughts lost in the cosmos

Chan calls out his name.

Was that a new hoodie?

I don't remember seeing him ever wear purple, but it looked really good on him.

Who am I kidding everything looks good on him!

It really makes his new hair look nice too.

Don't even get me started on his new hair. It fit him so well. The bleached bangs with the rest of his hair a light brown. Nobody could pull it off the way he did.

Wait maybe I should ask him where he gets his hair done.

Would that be creepy?

Man I can't even muster up the courage to talk to him. It's literally been years... why am I thinking about that anyway?-

Wait he's smiling.

Oh his smileeee

I really wish he did it more. His braces were the cutest thing ever. Is he texting somebody?

Why else would he be smiling at his phone.

I wish it was me on the other side of that phone-

Wait no-

Oh he's laughing.

I wish I could hear the sweet sound but the damn cafeteria was too loud. He looked so pretty and handsome though.

He really was work of art.

"-Jin"

"-yunjin"

"Hyunjin!"

I jump at my name being called as I'm suddenly pulled out of dreamland. Not even realizing how long I was staring for. I look to the boy beside me with a confused expression, "What! God damn Chan hyung!"

"You really got a staring problem Hyunjin" Chan shakes his head in disappointment, "Atleast be less obvious about it."

"S-staring? Me? Pff... why would I ever stare at somebody!?"

Chan squints his eyes at me.

"Is it really that obvious...?"

He simply nods.

"I'm sorry it's just I get distracted a lot!" I protest with my hands in the air. This felt quite accusatory and I wasn't having it.

"Sureee distracted by Kim s-"

"Hyunjin! Can I try to fit your whole pizza in my mouth!" Jisung suddenly interrupts us, his eyes pleading.

Chan and I slowly turn our heads to face him, "jisung give me one reason why i would ever let you do that." I respond with an eyebrow raised.