Chapter 12 - Absentminded for the absent

"What did you just say?"

"I said Seungmins not here!" Jisung says louder this time, "God are your ears getting older like Chan's?"

He's not here?

Seungmin never misses school...

Was something wrong?

"B-but why?" I sputter out, fully focused on getting any information out of jisung. The lunch room felt so loud all of sudden.

"I don't fucking know?" He munched on the school pizza while leaning back on his boyfriend beside him. His relaxed demeanor was nothing like mine.

"Sungie watch your language." Minho says while not removing his gaze from his phone. Earning himself an eye roll from jisung.

shit.

I mean it's common for an average person to miss school once in a while, but seungmin wasn't like that. I knew he wasn't like that. He never missed a class. It's just who he was.

I could feel my heartbeat increasing at the possibilities. Was he sick? Maybe he's on vacation? Does this have to do with Jeemin?

It was safe to say my mind was a bit scrambled the rest of the day. Walking into physics and not seeing him seat there was... odd. Even though I was scared to even face him today, it was worse to not see him at all.

While sighing, I placed my bag down and sat in my usual seat as the bell rang. The whole lesson after felt blurry, my head laid in my arms from most of it and my eyes glued to the empty seat beside me.

What happened Kim seungmin?

****

Everything has been so different lately. You know when you have a crush, everything seems so much brighter? I felt so empty without that feeling.

I got up as soon as the bell rang to end physics, I decided I need to freshen myself up a bit. So I beelined for the bathroom.

Until a voice interrupted me, "Hey Hyunjin oppa!"

I turn around to see a short girl running toward me, I didn't know her name but she was in my next period. I stop walking and wait for her to catch up and she starts walking next to me, "We should go to class together! I never knew your 4th period was in this hall." She smiles before matching my pace.

"Y-yeah." I answer in a quiet voice.

"Hm?" She turns her head to meet my eyes, "Did something happen oppa?"

"I'm fine."

"You know it's okay to be sad Hyunjin. We still have a while to walk so you might as well tell me." She shrugs before looking forward again and walking.

I ponder for a moment, I guess I did need someone to confide in right now. This girl showed up a strangely good time.

"Hey uhm..." I start off nervously, "What would you do if your childhood crush has a girlfriend that's cheating on him?" I blurt out quickly, not even realizing the implications of saying that to someone random.

"Oh I didn't know you were gay Hyunjin oppa?" She tilts her head up at me making me panic when I realized I literally just outed myself to this rando.

"O-oh just asking for a friend you know?"

"Ah okay." She too ponders for a second, "I mean I think I would tell my crush if someone was cheating on them."

"Really?" I look to her expectingly. Didn't I want to do the same? But was it even my place to say something like that to seungmin?