Chapter 19 - Date

I clutch onto my backpack straps, making my way into another school day. This time, actually I do this everytime, my eyes scan for a face in the crowd.

Seungmin.

The younger was sitting on a bench outside the side entrance of the school. He had a book open in his hands, a small smile on his lips, and the new spring breeze blowing his hair in different directions.

This time, for real, I walk up to him. Swallowing the lump in my throat as my mother words echo in my mind. The memories that felt long buried, emerging back into the far parts of my brain.

"Seungmin?"

The younger squints at the sunlight and looks up, his smile lifting a bit when he catches my eyes, "Hyunjin!"

I return the smile and take a seat on the bench next to him, scooting closer so that our sides were touching. Seungmin looked so happy today, his eyes were sparkling and he had a default smile on.

My heart felt split into two. "How was your weekend Seungminnie?" I ask in a sweet voice, looking at the side of his head. His ears were slightly red from being flustered at the nickname, but his handsome side profile contrasted that.

"I-it was good." Seungmin slowly turns his head away from his book to look at me. Our faces only inches apart, heartbeats getting faster as memories of our kiss flash back.

"I'm glad." I clear my throat to send him a brighter smile before speaking up again, "I wanna take you out."

Seungmin tilts his head that was slightly rose tinted, "Take me out?" He asks in a quiet voice.

"Yes. On a date."

****

"Woah." Was all the younger could mutter. His eyes scanned the tall rides and the crowds of happy couples and screaming kids. The carnival was in our part of Seoul this month, and I thought it would be a good place to visit.

"Do you like it? I didn't think it would be this loud though- we could go somewhere quieter if you want-" I quickly sputter out only to be interrupted by a small hand slipping into mine.

I glance down at my entangled hand as soft blush decorates my cheeks. Seungmin turns to me with an excited smile, "C-can we go on the pirate ship first!?"

Who was I to say no to that braces smile?

I chuckle and hold onto seungmins hand tighter, following the giddy boy to the large pirate ship, there was practically no line so we got onto the ride quickly, taking our seats in the very back.

"Seungminnie trust me, the rides more fun back here." I speak into his ear, trying to make my voice heard over the loud environment.

"W-wait but what if I fall forward?" Seungmin gulps, looking to me with wide shiny eyes.

I giggle a bit as the worker comes to put the bar down infront of us, signaling the rides supposed to start soon. I smile at seungmin, "That's the point of the bar, and if you do fall forward, I'll catch you!"

Seungmin gulps again as he looks around the large ship, "M-maybe I chose the wrong ride."

The ship begins to slightly rock backwards and forward, gaining momentum as it goes along. Seungmin had his hand tightly gripping mine and his eyes nervously scanning the seats infront of him.

"Hyunjin this is scary." He whispers into my ear, moving closer to me, we were the only two at the back seat so I calmly scooted closer to him too.