Chapter 15 - Icepacks

With our breathing still heavy, the nurse leaves the room so it's just Seungmin and I. With an ice pack clutched to my cheek I look to the younger. His hands were still trembling and tears stained his cheeks but he kept his head down. Like he didn't want me to see them.

"Oh my fucking god." I quietly mumble as I stare at him, still in disbelief of what just went down. My cheek was royally swollen from the hard punch Brandon had thrown at me. I guess being the basketball captain was no joke.

More importantly, however, I was scanning seungmin for injuries. Thank goodness he had nothing on him. I don't think I've ever experienced amoment like that in my life, it felt like I was enraged. I didn't feel like the same person anymore. I was just so angry that somebody would lay hands on someone like the boy infront of me.

"I-I'm so sorry." Seungmin walks infront of me and drops to his knees suddenly, bowing to my feet. "I'm sorry y-you got hurt because of me. I'll do you anything you want a-and I-if you need any medicine for your cheek and-"

"Seungmin get up." I stare at the boy with serious eyes. His trembling hands lift his body back up as he complies, finally finding balance on his two feet again. "Don't say sorry to me. Ever. You never need to say sorry to me."

"I-I-" He sniffs before gently stepping forward. From prior expierence of Seungmin in this state, I calmly open my arms, already know what he needed. Without hesitation, the younger steps into my embrace and clings his arms around my waist. "I-I can't believe you got hurt because of me."

I rub his back softly, hoping he would let his body relax in my arms, but he was still on edge. I ignore the pain in my cheek and the quick beating of my heart to put my attention toward the younger.

"Do you want to talk about what happened before I got there?" I gently whisper in his ear, trying to make my trembling voice stronger for him. I need to be here for him.

I think the other night had brought us much closer to eachother. It felt as if we had deeper understanding of how we calmed eachother down. Like we were connected. And we trusted eachother, even if we were barely considered friends.

Seungmin leans his head on my shoulder, his shaking body slowly stilling as he sniffled. "H-he found out a-about me and jeemin dating." He says quietly, "he d-didn't even know who I was until n-now..."

I nod in understanding, continuing to rub up and down his back, "And he must've took out his anger on you hm?" I asks softly.

The younger quietly hums. His hands clutching my shirt like they had during the fight. It was as if the consequences of letting go would put him back into that danger.

"Don't worry anymore. I'm here. I won't let you get hurt." I whisper with a sniffle. It's true that nothing could possibly break me away from this boy now.

"N-no don't ever do that a-again." Seungmin quickly pulls out of my arms to meet my eyes, softly placing a hand on my bruised cheek, "Why would you ever g-get hurt for me!?"

I crack a goofy smile. My jaw in immense pain but I could help but chuckle, "I don't know. But I'd do it again anyday."

****

I was truly in a daze the rest of the day. Of course because of my brain literally getting knocked around with that punch but also because of the butterflies attacking my stomach.

These past few weeks had only made my admiration for Seungmin bloom. Everything would turn to rainbows and sunshine when I see him smiling. Just as quick as things turn to dispair when I see him in pain.

But I'm glad to be there for him. I like how he can come to me with problems. I want to be that person for him and it feels good to make him happier.

But what was not good about this new found connection was Brandon and Jeemin. Those two bitches who I now have to sit in the same room as, along with seungmin, in detention.

When I walked in, I immediately took a seat as far away as the couple as possible, saving a seat for Seungmin and making sure he saw me when he walked in. I saw the way his head hung, trying not to make eye contact with the person who had threatened him earlier.

"Seungminnie! How was the rest of your day? Did anyone say anything in the last few hours?" I question with a smile when the younger sits down next to me, settling himself down as he was unfamiliar with the detention room.

I didn't miss the way a slight red tint ran up his neck at the new nickname. But he took a deep breath, and scoots closer to me. "n-no one said anything."

I sigh in relief. After how much attention that fight got, the last thing I wanted was Seungmin to be pressured into more questions.

I could hear the way Jeemin scoffs across the room. My lips suddenly break out into a frown as I lean forward to meet her eyes past seungmin. "What was that?" I ask innocently.

"You two are besties now huh?" Jeemin rolls her eyes, venom lacing her voice.

"Yeah we are." I state confidently. Not breaking eye contact with the girl across the room. Even when I see Brandon glaring at me like he'll bruise my other cheek next.

She scoffs again. "I always thought you were better than that Hyunjin." Jeemin faked a pout, "Fighting over a boy? Really?"

"I could say the same about you two." I calmly reply, sending her a glare. I wanted to laugh at the way she whined to her boyfriend to do something about my attitude.

She's the one who messed with Seungmin first.

"Just shut up jeemin." Brandon tugs the girl off of him, frustrated by the way she was fishing for drama. He clearly didn't want to be anymore involved in this. Maybe he was finally coming to the realization that this girl had issues.

Jeemin groans and sits back in her chair again, "Whatever! It's not like Hyunjin would even care about seungmin. He wouldn't stoop that low."

"What the fuck do you mean by that?!" I suddenly stand up in my seat, making a loud noise as the chair is roughly pushed back. I was ready to take this girl in a fight next, until I feel a small tug on my sleeve.

"H-Hyunjin don't." Seungmin whispers with glassy eyes. The next moment, the teacher running detention walks into the room, shutting us all up.

I huff and sit back down in my seat. "I swear to god. If anyone ever says anything to you Seungmin." I whisper to the younger next to me while the teacher takes attendance, "Tell me and I'll deal with it."

A/n
Hyunjin in his Alpha male era

BUT SEUNGMIN AND HYUNJIN SOFT MOMENTS RAHHHHH

I'm lwky about to start a jeemin and Brandon hate club cuz literally they getting me annoyed and I made them up.💀💀

Hope you enjoyed!