Chapter 14 - Punching bag

"Guys I think I'm going crazy." I clutch my hair between my fingers, talking to a table full of boys who were literally half asleep.

"We know Hyunjin-ah." Jisung rolls his eyes and leans back in his chair. I quickly send a glare his way before continuing.

"Yesterday I went to Seungmins house-"

"Wait... You did WHAT?" Jisungs entire attention suddenly on me as I nervously rub my neck.

Minho lifts his head off the table to join our conversation, shaking off his slumber "Yeah this motherfricker skipped practice for it."

Jisungs pikachu face looks to his boyfriend with eyes that almost said 'you knew?'

"Holy shit." Jisung turns back to me with curious eyes, totally forgetting about not caring.

"Yeah so... as I was saying... I went to Seungmins house to check on him since he wasn't here yesterday. And a lot of shit went down."

Chan also lifts his head off the table, his eyes turning from sleepy to intrigued as I finally grasp thr whole tables attention, "He kind of... fell into my arms. He like... cried in my arms."

All of their mouths drop, jisung starts hitting Minhos shoulder asking if he could pinch him. This shit wasn't a dream though.

"A-and you did what?" Chan asks surprised.

"What did you think I did?"

"I don't know... you probably ran off and shut down due to making contact with your crush-"

I shove Chan's side and roll my eyes, "Shut the hell up." I clear my throat, "I actually stayed with him like a good person." I side eye Chan, "And we had a deep talk. I think he really trusts me and I learned a lot about him."

"Like what?" Jisung leans closer ready to hear the details.

"Like he just broke up with this popular girl who was cheating on him and treating him like shit."

If jaws could drop even lower, the three boys in front of me probably had theirs dislocated with how shocked they were.

I probably shouldn't have said that out loud.

Just as I was about to speak again, a loud commotion interrupts me. Loud yelling coming from the locker halls outside the cafeteria.

A fight.

The four of us quickly make eye contact before shooting up from our seats and going to investigate.

This was going to cheer me up for sure.

"I'm betting 20 it's one of the basketball players." Jisung nudges Chan's side as we get closer to the group forming outside the cafeteria.

"Minho you should really teach your boyfriend not to gamble." Chan rolls his eyes.

"I'm betting 30 on top of that." Minho sends Chan a glare before wrapping an arm around Jisung.

"Ah you both really are the same huh?" Chan smiles and nods sarcastically.

I stand on my toes to peer through the crowd. I couldn't see much but I had a sinking feeling emerging in my stomach. I thought this would be nice to get things off my mind but my chest feels so tight all of a sudden.

As I push through a few people in the crowd, I hear it. A small whisper. It sounds so familiar.

"I-I'm sorry."

To those words and to that voice, my eyes widen. I push through the people faster until I emerge in the middle of the circle. My heart beating in my ears and blood rushing to my head.