Chapter 17 - Heartbeats

It comes no news to you that I like seungmin.

Just how I've liked him for most of my life. Even from when were kids. I've liked everything about him. It never felt the same with anyone else.

The way my heart beat was nothing anything else could campare to.

I always had an unexplainable attachment to this boy even when we were just small kids.

I was a cute baby. My extended family would sometimes squish my cheeks and tell me I would grow up to be a handsome young man and I would find a beautiful wife. As overbearing aunts and uncles do.

But ever since I could remember, my answer was always, "I don't want a wife!"

And it still stands.

I don't want a wife. I don't want a girlfriend.

I only have room in my heart for one person.

I just don't think I could feel the same way about anybody else like I do with seungmin. He's special.

My small interest in him had grown to something more, like roots that's had established themselves in my heart.

I was used to be your classic hopeless romantic. I would always be that one guy everyone knows, but nobody really understands. Things felt so bright when I would see the boy walk past me.

Even a small glance at him was all I needed to get through a long day of school.

And this boy.

That my heart has beat for for years.

Is right infront of me.

Looking up at me with those eyes.

And asking me to kiss him.

My heart was beating so fast that a person might think I just ran a marathon. Not to mention my eyes bulging out my head and my cheeks turning crimson.

I had dreamed of this moment.

I always wondered would it would be like to be with Seungmin.

To be so close to him.

I tightly shut my eyes.

All I have to do is lean in...

And kiss him...

just... a simple... kiss...

"I'm dreaming right."

Giggles suddenly fill the silence, my flustered self opens my eyes and looks at the younger with a confused expression. He was quietly laughing into my shoulder with his body still squeezed against mine.

"D-did I say that out loud?" I finally find the courage to speak up, though my throat felt like a lump was blocking it.

Seungmin lifts his head with a smile, warming my heart when I see his braces peak through. He nods as my face turns an even brighter red.

A flustered smile plays my lips as seungmin giggles some more. This could definitely fit in somewhere with top 10 most embarassing moments of Hwang Hyunjin?

Soon, the younger gains his composure, looking back into my eyes with a task in his mind.

"So can I...."

My embarrassment clears as my hands slide themselves onto seungmins cheeks, feeling his soft brown hair with my finger tips. The adrenaline running through me converting into newfound confidence

I had to fight every cell in me from fainting when seungmins eyes flicker down to my lips. I take a deep breath and tilt my head, leaning in closer to the boy.