Chapter 24 - Cheer up baby

"It's okay eomma- he's been good the whole morning-"

"Okay so what! Make sure it stays that way, I riased a SUPPORTIVE SON."

"IM SUPPORTING HIM."

"THEN WHY DIDNT YOU LET HIM TAKE THE BED LAST NIGHT."

"HE DID."

"YOU SAID YOU SLEPT IN THE BED."

"..."

My face tints a red color as I look to my left and see the empty spot where Seungmin slept next to me. The feeling of him in my arms all night suddenly comes back to me.

I was almost put into a trance until my mother screams again through the phone, "YOU SLEPT WITH HIM?"

"HE WAS SAD. AND LIKE... I REALLY LIKE HIM." I quickly answer, trying to mask the embarrassment in my voice after being exposed to my mother. "WE JUST CUDDLED TRUST ME!"

She giggles over the phone, "It's okay hun. Kinda saw it coming." I could hear her smile, "I'll try to be home this weekend and we can all talk it out okay? Make sure he's with you until then."

I feel a smile emerging on my lips at my mothers kindnesss. Even though she had somewhat of a grudge over seungmin and his family, she understood how I felt.

She knew how much this boy meant to me.

And even gave me permission to let him stay with us for the time being.

But either way, he was going to stay. There was no way I was going to just send him back into that house. I meant it when I said I'm not letting him go now.

"H-Hyunjin."

My head shoots to the voice as the boy emerges in the doorway of my bedroom. His hair wet and brushed back from his forehead, he had his glasses at the tip of his nose, and a towel around his neck.

I swallow a gulp, "yeah... yeah seungmin?" I sputter out, clearing my throat right after.

"Do you t-think... I can maybe.. h-have another shirt?" Seungmin says nervously, his gaze falling to his fidgeting hands.

It took me a moment to process what he was asking since he looked like... that. "Oh- yeah yeah for sure!"

I jump off the bed and make my way to the closet, looking through my clothes to see which one would best fit Seungmin. He was just a bit smaller, so most things would've have fit.

But one shirt comes into view. The most perfect choice. A good ol 2 am purchase of mine.

With a smile, I pull the shirt of the hanger and turn to seungmin, "Tadahhh!!" I wave the shirt in the boys direction.

Seungmins eyes widen before a giggle breaks his lips. He steps forward and takes the shirt in his hands, full on laughing now.

I could help but laugh with him as the two of us look at the picture on the shirt.

It was Kkami.

Yes, I did in fact buy a shirt with Kkamis face on it a while back. It wasn't my best purchase but it certainly came in handy.

"Do you l-like it?" I say through the laughs. Wiping the tears that had formed in my eyes and clutching my sore stomach.

"I-it's beautiful." Seungmin giggles. Without another thought seungmin runs out the room with the shirt in his hands.

A few moments later, the boy emerges again, giving a small spin to show off his outfit. I almost feel to the floor in laughter as the two of us couldn't stop.