Chapter Ten: Respite and Reflection

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

Chapter Image Source: Pixiv Artist Code "60309052" / Pixiv Art Code "111443261"

---

The aftermath of the battle with Gogma had left Jingliu in a state of profound exhaustion, both physically and emotionally. She lay in a dimly lit chamber, the gentle flicker of a nearby candle casting dancing shadows on the walls. Her body ached as if every muscle and bone had been pushed to its limit, and her mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.

Baiheng, with her fox-like grace, sat vigil by Jingliu's side. Her keen eyes watched over the sword champion with a mix of concern and relief. She had not witnessed the fierce battle, but she could feel the battle's intensity through the powerful fluctuations of energy that had reverberated through the very fabric of Xianzhou.

But she wasn't alone in tending to Jingliu's recovery. Dan Feng, the skilled healer known for his miraculous abilities, had joined them. His hands, adorned with intricate tattoos that pulsed with energy, hovered above Jingliu's form, his brow furrowed in concentration. Baiheng assisted him, taking on the role of a nurse, her agile fingers deftly handing him the tools and supplies he required.

Jingliu, still groggy from her battle-induced exhaustion, blinked her eyes open to see Dan Feng's focused expression. She recognized him as the man who had once saved her from a near-fatal wound, and his presence brought a measure of comfort.

Dan Feng's voice was calm and reassuring as he worked his healing arts. "Rest easy, Jingliu. You've been through quite the ordeal, but you'll recover."

Baiheng chimed in, her tone gentle and caring. "We're here to take care of you, my friend. You've earned some respite."

Jingliu nodded weakly, her gratitude evident in her weary smile. The combined efforts of Dan Feng's miraculous healing and Baiheng's nurturing presence began to mend her battered body and soothe her wounded spirit.

Meanwhile, not far from the chamber, Jing Yuan and the Cloud Knights stood in hushed conversation. Their expressions were a mixture of concern and relief, and they exchanged whispers about Jingliu's condition.

One of the Cloud Knights voiced their worry, "She pushed herself to the limit in that battle. I've never seen anything like it."

Jing Yuan nodded in agreement, his eyes never leaving the chamber's entrance. "She's strong, but even she has her limits. We must be here for her now, as she has been for us."

Inside the chamber, Jingliu's thoughts were a mess. The battle with Gogma had revealed the depths of her power, but it had also exposed her vulnerability. She had faced an ancient dragon and emerged victorious, but at what cost?

With a sigh, Jingliu whispered to Baiheng, "I did it... I defeated Gogma. But at what price? The power I wield... It's both a blessing and a curse."

Baiheng's gaze remained steady, her wisdom evident in her words. She replied, "Jingliu, the extent of your newfound powers may be a mystery, but what matters now is that you're safe. Rest, my dear friend. We'll face whatever challenges come our way together."

Jingliu closed her eyes, the memories of the battle replaying in her mind. She thought of the frozen forest, the clash of ice and fire, and the indomitable spirit of Gogma. But she also thought of Y/N, her dear friend lost to madness, and the weight of responsibility that now rested on her shoulders.

As she drifted into a well-deserved slumber, Jingliu couldn't help but wonder about the significance of the battle and the path that lay ahead. The echoes of Gogma's defeat still reverberated in her heart, and she knew that the challenges she faced were far from over.