Genesis Arc - Ch. Thirteen: Foxian Introduction

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

---

In the heart of Xianzhou Luofu, under the shadow of ancient architecture melded with modern marvels, stood Y/N and Jingliu, watching Jing Yuan train. The once boyish figure had transformed into a formidable man, radiating competence and a kind-hearted persona. His skill with the devastator glaive was matched only by his sleepy nature, a quirk that had become a running joke among the Cloud Knights.

"Look at him, Jingliu," Y/N said, his voice tinged with pride. "From a wide-eyed boy to... this. A fine adult, if not for his search for 'inner peace' in mid-conversations."

Jingliu's chuckle was light, her eyes tracking Jing Yuan's fluid movements across the training field. "I'm proud of him, Y/N. He's come so far under our guidance."

Y/N nodded, his gaze lingering on Jing Yuan. But beneath his proud exterior, a shadow flickered. It wasn't about Jing Yuan; it was about himself. Despite standing tall, his strength felt forced, a facade maintained for the sake of being Xianzhou's symbol of power.

Jingliu, attuned to his moods, broke his reverie. "Y/N, I've been assigned a mission by the Ten-Lords Commission," she announced, her tone unusually solemn.

"Oh?" Y/N's brow arched in mild surprise. "Then let's prepare. What are we waiting for?"

"It's a solo mission, Y/N. I have to go alone." Jingliu's voice faltered, revealing a rare vulnerability.

Y/N's heart tightened at her tone. "A few days apart won't be too hard, Jingliu," he reassured, his voice gentle.

Jingliu's response was almost a cry. "But it is! I won't be with you..."

Without a word, Y/N enveloped her in a comforting embrace, feeling her arms immediately wrap around him in response. "Please, for me," he whispered softly. "You're more than capable. I know it."

Jingliu's reply was a soft mewl, her voice muffled against his chest. "I'll try my best..."

As they parted, Y/N placed his hands on her shoulders, looking into her eyes. "To make it up to you, you can sleep with me on the same bed for two weeks when you return."

The reaction was instantaneous. Jingliu's eyes widened, a bright gleam of happiness replacing the earlier sadness. "Really?" she asked, a smile spreading across her face.

"Yes, really," Y/N chuckled, amused by her sudden shift in mood. "It's a promise."

With one final tight hug, Jingliu stepped back, her smile now firm and confident. "Then I'll hold you to that promise."

Watching her leave, Y/N's chuckle faded into a sigh. The training field, now quieter with Jingliu's departure, felt emptier. He turned his gaze back to Jing Yuan, silently promising himself to be strong, for them, for Jingliu, for Xianzhou Luofu.

---

As the training field emptied, Jing Yuan approached Y/N, addressing him with reverence. "Master Y/N, where has Master Jingliu gone?"

"She's on a solo mission," Y/N replied, his gaze lingering on the horizon.

Jing Yuan's golden eyes widened. "Not with you, Master Y/N?"

Y/N's gaze grew distant, a storm of unspoken thoughts swirling behind his eyes. Jing Yuan shifted uncomfortably under the intensity of that look. Sensing this, Y/N shook his head, breaking the spell. "I apologize, Jing Yuan. Things have been... difficult lately."

Jing Yuan, respectful of his master's personal struggles, offered words he hoped would comfort. "Master, even the darkest night will pass. Things will return to normal."