Chapter Nineteen: O' incoming Death

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

Chapter Image Source: 

www (dot) reddit (dot) com/r/darksouls3/comments/lbqyok/i_drew_pontiff_sulyvahn/

I'll be uploading chapter 20 in a few hours. Comment and Vote to show your support, thank you!

---

The once bustling corridors of Xianzhou Yuque had transformed into a nightmarish labyrinth, where shadows danced in macabre waltz with eerie whispers. Denizens of Abundance, clad in ominous ebony armor adorned with grotesque motifs, were orchestrating a sinister rite. They forced the conquered vessel's residents to drink from vials containing a concoction as dark as their intentions. This elixir promised to unlock the deepest, darkest desires within, luring them down the treacherous path of Mara.

"Some more! You must drink!" commanded one of the Mara warriors, a man with crazed eyes, as he thrust a vial toward a trembling resident.

"I... I can't... Please, spare me..." the resident stammered, caught in the merciless grip of fear.

Amidst the chaos, a lone figure emerged—a woman clutching her child, desperation etched into every line of her face. The child's voice quivered, "Run, Mommy! Run!"

The pursuit was relentless, and the warrior chasing her wore a malevolent grin, intoxicated by the madness that had consumed his mind.

But just as despair threatened to engulf the woman and her child, salvation manifested in an enigmatic figure—the Pontiff of Shadows. The Pontiff appeared like an ethereal wraith, shrouded in an impenetrable cloak of darkness, contrasting starkly with the malevolent warriors.

"What is this madness?" the Pontiff's voice echoed through the corridor as it materialized before the bewildered army of Mara warriors. Its presence was like a storm, thunderous and mysterious, promising retribution.

"Who are you?" one of them demanded, his voice trembling, like a trapped animal.

The Pontiff remained silent, its presence radiating an aura of ominous authority, like an ancient tome whispering forgotten secrets. In an instant, the Pontiff's arm swung like a scythe, a single swift motion that unleashed a devastating wave of dark energy.

"Stop! What's happening?" another Mara warrior cried out, but it was too late. The inky tendrils of the Pontiff's power swept over them like a tidal wave of despair, obliterating their forms.

The woman and her child, now safe from the clutches of the Mara, looked upon the enigmatic figure with a mixture of awe and fear, as though they had glimpsed an otherworldly guardian. "Are you an angel?" the child whispered, lost in wonderment.

With a wave of its shadowy hand, the Pontiff cast a spell that induced a deep slumber in both the woman and her child. The encounter, as terrifying as it had been, would fade from their memories like a distant dream, leaving them unburdened by the horrors they had witnessed.

In the midst of the war-torn vessel, the Pontiff of Shadows continued its enigmatic vigil, a guardian of darkness that had intervened to protect the innocent. The mysteries surrounding its true identity and purpose remained veiled in obscurity, but its presence had brought a glimmer of hope to those caught in the maelstrom of chaos.

---

Within the heart of Xianzhou Yuque, Shuhu, a scholar and custodian of ancient knowledge, had been diligently tampering and mining the scrolls that held the secrets of the fleet's history. His men labored alongside him, their expertise in deciphering the enigmatic texts invaluable to their mission. They worked in silence, their minds focused on unraveling the mysteries of their own past.