Chapter Thirty-Five: I Have Returned

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

---

In the serene embrace of the pond, where ripples danced like ancient folklore coming to life, Jingliu found herself awakening. Lying gently on the water's surface, she was cradled by its calm embrace, surrounded by the ethereal beauty of blue flowers. The moonlight cascaded over her, bathing her in a celestial sheen that seemed almost fated, considering her unique connection to the lunar spirit.

Yet, despite the enchanting scenery that unfolded around her, a different kind of cascade – that of tears – traced her cheeks. The emotional weight of her memories, particularly those intertwined with Y/N, was overwhelming. Each recollection brought a surge of emotions, amplifying her feelings to an unbearable intensity. The joyous moments lifted her spirits, but the anguish of Y/N's struggles cast a heavy shadow over her heart, creating a tumultuous balance she found hard to bear.

With a grace born of resolve, Jingliu rose from the pond, her movements causing the water to ripple gently. Her pale, wet hair clung to her face, which bore the marks of distress. Yet, amid the turmoil of her thoughts, a smile found its way to her lips. She consciously pushed the darker memories aside, choosing instead to focus on the brighter aspects of her shared experiences with Y/N.

"He does care for me," she whispered softly to herself, a tender realization dawning within her. The memory of Y/N's words, his perspective on their bond, enveloped her in a wave of love and affection.

"Oh, my love..." The realization brought a renewed flood of tears, more poignant this time.

A hiccup escaped her, the precursor to a bout of sobbing. She tried to shield her face with her hands, a reflexive attempt to hide her vulnerability even though she was alone.

But the solitude of the moment only amplified her longing. There was no one to witness her tears, no Y/N to offer comfort. She was left alone with her thoughts, the memories relentlessly replaying in her mind, each one a poignant reminder of their shared journey.

"Y/N..." she hiccuped between sobs, her voice barely a whisper, yet heavy with emotion. The memories were unrelenting, a tide that washed over her, each wave a mix of joy and sorrow, reflecting the complexity of their relationship. The moonlight continued to bathe her in its gentle glow, a silent witness to the depths of her feelings, echoing the loneliness and longing in her heart.

---

In the realm of Abyss, a shimmering screen of emptiness faded into obscurity, signaling the conclusion of a poignant journey through cherished memories. Fuli stood in contemplative silence, observing the last traces of light dissipate from the screen.

"It is done," Fuli announced, its voice echoing through the crystalline expanse. The sacred recollections had served their purpose, and the two souls entwined in those memories, Y/N and Jingliu, were now stirring back to the present.

Turning gracefully, the Aeon's crystalline robes, defying the nature of their material, flowed like liquid, reflecting an array of luminescent colors. Fuli moved with an otherworldly grace, each step a silent testament to its existence beyond the mundane. With a wave of its armored crystal hand, gleaming with a spectrum of reflective colors, the surroundings transformed from the Abyss to the Aeon's sanctum of memories.

This realm, a vast expanse of crystalline structures and indescribable beauty, was a sanctuary where memories were kept, recorded, safeguarded, and preserved. It was a place of both historical significance and emotional resonance, embodying the essence of all that was remembered.