Genesis Arc - Ch. Twenty-One: Turmoil

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

---

The hospital corridors, filled with the typical bustle of medical staff and patients, felt unusually silent to Y/N as he walked alongside Dan Feng. Officially discharged under Dan Feng's authority, Y/N couldn't shake off a pervasive sense of unease that had clung to him since the mission in the woods. His usual confident stride had been replaced with a slow, contemplative gait.

Dan Feng, observing Y/N closely, noted with concern the subtle changes in his friend. The warrior's once robust physique seemed diminished, his muscles less pronounced than before. It was a physical manifestation of the internal battle Y/N was evidently facing.

Breaking the silence, Dan Feng ventured cautiously, "Are you sure that you are okay?"

Y/N, his gaze fixed ahead, responded with a voice that barely rose above a whisper, "I am just trying to... regulate my emotions."

Dan Feng's concern deepened. He recalled a conversation with Baiheng, who despite her promise of secrecy, had revealed enough for Dan Feng to piece together the possible source of Y/N's distress. Guilt, a powerful and consuming emotion, seemed to be at the heart of Y/N's turmoil.

With a reassuring smile, Dan Feng offered his advice, "It seems that you are not fully appreciating the victory of your mission. I don't know the details, but perhaps meditation could help you."

"Meditation?" Y/N echoed, his eyes briefly closing as he considered the suggestion.

Dan Feng nodded affirmatively. "You could ask Jingliu to teach you. It's about relaxing your mind, reaching an empty state."

"Empty state?" Y/N's tone was one of curiosity mixed with skepticism.

"Yes," Dan Feng explained, "When you and Jingliu train together, your mind reaches a state of calm, of peace. You let go of your emotions, your past actions. It's a form of mental liberation."

"I see..." Y/N murmured, his voice trailing off as he pondered the idea.

Their conversation was suddenly interrupted by the sound of hurried footsteps echoing down the corridor, adorned with garden flowers and wooden pillars bearing dragon markings.

Jingliu appeared, her approach rapid yet graceful. Her eyes were closed, a sign of her brewing anger. "Dan Feng... why did you not inform me that you'll be discharging Y/N?" she asked, her tone sharp.

Caught off guard, Dan Feng fumbled for words, realizing he had forgotten to inform her.

Y/N intervened, sparing Dan Feng from further discomfort. "We were discussing the philosophy of inner peace. Nothing much," he said, his voice steady.

Jingliu's expression softened slightly. "Oh... are you still bothered by 'that'?" Her concern was evident.

Y/N nodded solemnly, unable to mask his troubled state.

Understanding the situation, Dan Feng decided it was time for him to exit. "I will take my leave. Jingliu, please take care of him."

Jingliu acknowledged with a nod, and Dan Feng departed, leaving the two alone in the corridor.

"Jingliu," Y/N called out softly.

Turning to face him, Jingliu offered a small but radiant smile. "Let's go home," she suggested.

"Mm," Y/N hummed in agreement, his mood slightly lifted by her presence.

---