Genesis Arc - Ch. Eleven: Tides of the Unwritten

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

Comment and vote to show your support, thank you!

---

The first light of dawn filtered through the curtains of Y/N's room, casting a warm glow over the entwined figures on the bed. Y/N's eyes fluttered open, greeted by the peaceful sight of Jingliu's sleeping form, her pale hair a silken cascade across the pillows and over his chest. He shifted slightly, feeling the comfortable weight of her arm draped over him. A smile tugged at his lips, but he resisted the urge to disentangle himself, not wanting to disturb her tranquil slumber.

As he lay there, his mind wandered back to the mission he had recently completed. It was the usual fare — confronting the Mara-struck, averting crisis — but something felt different this time. His thoughts were interrupted as Jingliu began to stir, her movements gentle as she gradually awoke.

Her eyes opened slowly, revealing the familiar, serene gaze that had always brought him a sense of calm. She stretched languidly, a soft yawn escaping her lips, before her eyes focused on Y/N. "Good morning," she said, her voice still heavy with sleep.

"Morning," Y/N replied, his tone light. "Sleep well?"

Jingliu nodded, a content smile playing on her lips. "Yes, very well, thanks to you."

Y/N sat up, the absence of his warmth causing Jingliu's smile to falter slightly. He noticed the subtle change in her expression. "We should get ready for the day," he suggested, standing up. "Another round of patrols, I guess."

To his surprise, Jingliu shook her head, sitting up and clutching the sheets to her chest. "Actually, the Cloud Knights offered to take over our patrols today. They said we deserved a break."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, a hint of surprise in his voice. "Oh, is that so? Well, then... looks like we have the whole day to ourselves."

Jingliu's face brightened instantly. "Yes, just the two of us," she agreed, her enthusiasm unmistakable.

As they prepared breakfast together, the ease of their routine was palpable, yet Y/N couldn't shake the feeling that something had shifted. Jingliu seemed more... attached, her usual independence tinged with a new layer of warmth towards him.

Y/N decided to broach the subject casually while they ate. "Jingliu, have you been feeling any different lately?" he asked, his tone deliberately nonchalant.

Jingliu paused, her spoon halfway to her mouth, and looked at him curiously. "Different? In what way?"

"Just... I don't know," Y/N continued, trying to sound as casual as possible. "You seem... closer, somehow. Not that it's a bad thing."

She pondered his question for a moment, a thoughtful expression crossing her face. "I guess I've been thinking a lot about us, about our time together. We've been through so much, Y/N. It's made me realize how important you are to me," she said, her voice carrying a sincerity that was rare for her.

Y/N nodded, absorbing her words. It wasn't like Jingliu to express her feelings so openly. He couldn't help but wonder what had prompted this change. Was it simply the result of their shared experiences, or was there something more?

He decided to leave the question unasked for now, opting instead to enjoy the unexpected day off with Jingliu. But the curiosity lingered in his mind, a puzzle yet to be solved.

As they finished their breakfast and planned their day, Y/N couldn't shake the feeling that he was on the cusp of understanding something crucial about Jingliu. Something that might redefine the nature of their relationship forever.