Chapter Twenty-Five: Goodbye, Sister of Sky

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

---

The remnants of war lay scattered across the once pristine grounds of Xianzhou Yuque, a melancholic testament to the voracious appetite of conflict. Amidst the ruins, Earth Guardian and General Jinhua, a warrior woman of formidable might and unwavering spirit, marshaled their strength. Even amidst the shattered echoes of what was once a scholarly paradise, they, alongside the Cloud Knights, became beacons of hope, aiding civilians and tending to the wounded with compassionate diligence.

With the Denizens of Abundance either retreating or vanquished, the grim visage of victory revealed itself, pained and sorrowful, amidst the rubbles that once echoed with enlightening debates and scholarly discourse.

General Jinhua's boots whispered against the battered terrain of Xianzhou Yuque, every step a solemn ode to a paradise lost amidst the chaos of war. Her eyes, stalwart yet speckled with the reflections of smoldering ruins, met the gaze of the Earth Guardian, a silent agreement forged amidst the decimation: to rise, to persevere.

As Jinhua navigated through the fragments of the once-grand Flagship, a shiver, cold and eerie, grazed her spirit. There, amidst the eerie cold, she found Jingliu – wounded yet unyielding. "Medic!" she bellowed, her voice fracturing the oppressive silence.

Within the mournful remnants, healers swiftly moved, channeling their arts to soothe Jingliu's grievous wounds, their gentle whispers attempting to caress her battered spirit back from the abyss. But her eyes, clouded with an amalgam of pain and resolve, sought answers.

Jinhua, knelt beside her, her voice a gentle tether amidst the desolation. "What of Shuhu?" she inquired.

Jingliu, each syllable a testament to her lingering strength, responded, "Shuhu...is the High Cloud Quintet's burden now. My battle was here...with another nemesis."

A melancholy acceptance shadowed Jinhua's expression before it was abruptly shattered by the arrival of Aoqing and the remnants of the High Cloud Quintet. Their silhouettes, limned by the haunting glow of the aftermath, spoke of both survival and loss.

Jingliu, despite the shards of sorrow embedded in her spirit, felt a flicker of relief. "You're alive," she whispered, even as her gaze searched for, and found, a haunting absence.

"Where...?" Her voice trailed off, the question hanging, suspended amidst the devastation.

Dan Feng, his countenance marred by the trails of tears, voice laden with the anguish of loss, whispered, "Baiheng...she's gone."

Jingliu's world teetered precariously, the words slicing through her already fractured resolve. "What do you mean 'gone', Dan Feng?" Her voice, a fragile blend of hope and impending despair, sought clarity amidst the turmoil.

He took a shuddering breath, "Baiheng chose to lure the dragon away, ensuring Lan's arrow would not claim more than one victim. She...she's gone, Jingliu."

Jingliu's eyes, once vibrant with an unyielding fire, dimmed, her body swaying as the impact of the revelation coursed through her being.

---

Amidst the somber trails above the ravaged Xianzhou Yuque, Baiheng cleaved through the heavens, her aura emanating a serene yet heartbreaking resolve as the dragon, a behemoth of destruction, followed in turbulent pursuit.

Although her thoughts radiated tranquility, expertly navigating through clandestine routes of the sky, her heart pulsated with a melancholic rhythm, her path aimed at leading the beast away from those she swore to protect.