Genesis Arc - Ch. Fifteen: Mischievous Concerns

A/N: All rights to the original content are reserved by the respective copyright owner.

EDIT: Grammar errors.

---

Ten years had woven a tapestry of camaraderie and chaos around Y/N and Baiheng, the duo famously known as 'peaceful troublemakers.' To the outside world, it was an oxymoron, but those familiar with their antics understood the paradox perfectly.

Y/N's focused yet often tunnel-visioned strategies, coupled with Baiheng's curious and playful nature, had become the stuff of legend, often causing the Council members sleepless nights. The revelation that Baiheng was behind the damaged Starskiffs – under Y/N's orders no less – had initially caused an uproar. But their recent encounter with the Aeon Lan had shifted the Council's perspective, reluctantly granting Baiheng immunity under Y/N's command.

Jingliu, the ever-serene swordswoman with hair as pale as moonlight, had gradually warmed up to Baiheng. Y/N's intuition had been right; she needed a female confidant. Their discussions, often deep and philosophical, were a welcome change for Jingliu. Yet, the realm of 'girl talk' was unfamiliar territory, something she never navigated with Y/N for obvious reasons.

Despite the growing bond between the women, Jingliu couldn't shake off a protective streak towards Y/N, particularly when Baiheng was involved. Her fear wasn't unfounded; Y/N's impromptu trip to another planet with Baiheng had left a lasting impression. His return to a heartbroken Jingliu, whispering his name in a mix of sadness and longing, had pierced his heart with guilt. He had vowed then never to leave Xianzhou without her. His peace offering – exotic drinks from distant worlds – had been a hit, inadvertently turning Jingliu into an aficionado of rare spirits.

Sharing this story with Baiheng had elicited a pang of guilt in her, prompting her to suggest solo travels henceforth. Y/N had agreed, promising to arrange a personal Starskiff for her adventures.

Jing Yuan, the white-haired disciple of Y/N and Jingliu, had initially been taken aback by Baiheng's radiant energy. The foxian's ability to draw relaxed, genuine smiles from his usually stoic masters was nothing short of miraculous. However, his first personal encounter with Baiheng left him wary; her cheeky grin spelled nothing but trouble in his eyes.

The decade with Baiheng in their lives was a whirlwind of joy, laughter, and the occasional heartache. Their adventures, though sometimes straining the bonds of their small group, had ultimately brought a richness to their lives that none of them would trade for the world.

As the sun set on another day in Xianzhou, the trio – Y/N, Jingliu, and Baiheng – found themselves reminiscing over a shared meal, laughter echoing in the warm evening air. It was moments like these that reminded them of the strength of their unlikely alliances.

---

The sun hung lazily in the sky, its rays bathing Y/N and Baiheng in a warm, comforting light. Y/N lounged in his chair, an empty bowl that had once contained dumplings resting on a small table beside him. Baiheng, meanwhile, meticulously combed her silver-purple hair, a task she performed with an air of serene focus.

"Hey, Baiheng," Y/N called out, his voice tinged with a hint of boredom.

Baiheng glanced over, her comb pausing mid-stroke. "Yeh?" she responded, curiosity in her tone.

"What do you think of life?" Y/N asked, staring up at the sky, seemingly lost in thought.

Baiheng set her comb down, a playful smirk forming on her lips. "Oh no... you're getting more sentimental by the day," she teased.

"It's not that," Y/N protested, his gaze shifting from the sky to her. "I'm just... bored. The excitement of those dumplings was short-lived," he added, glancing at his empty bowl.